News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MIRF

Started by Lavender, May 09, 2008, 07:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lavender

Michigan Renaissance Festival
August 16th - September 28th
Open weekends and Labor Day and
Festival Friday September 19th
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Margaret

http://www.michrenfest.com/

And, a link to the official website.

OK - back to sewing!!
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

darkranger

Is it time yet? Please tell me it is ,Please!  ;D
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

maelstrom0370

Quote from: darkranger on May 12, 2008, 01:21:10 PM
Is it time yet? Please tell me it is ,Please!  ;D

**Ripping June and July right out of the calendar** Wait, what? You mean that doesn't count??

Ladyfair

Dont forget Mayfaire starts this weekend.... seems its topic is not listed...but is the 17th and 18th and the 24 - 25- 26  in Marshall Michigan
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

LadyHawkeontheHill

So, tell me more about MIRF's Labor Day "Wrong Day"...
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

LadyAnn

Labor day is considered wrong day, to some of us here at MIRF, because it's not on a normal weekend day.
This will be my first time participating in wrong day, and I'm looking forward to it with great pleasure. It would be a great pleasure to have you join us LHOTH. I already have my Wrong Day garb planned  ;)

~LadyAnn~
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

LadyHawkeontheHill

Ooooo, that sounds like a great opportunity to wear something from another time period? I'm on it! See you in "wrong" garb for Labor Day!
Castleteer Pillar

Quiet One

Ladyhawke are you planning on the whole weekend or just Monday?  This is the weekend I usually trek up MIRF.

LadyAnn, did they have a day of wrong last year?  I didn't notice much unusual on Monday.  I will have to plan for something new this year.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

LadyHawkeontheHill

The plan as of now is to drive up to MIRF on that Saturday (moving to SE Ohio has tacked about an hour and a half onto the drive and it's lengthy), and to do the entire days of Sunday and Monday. CLC has some hotels up there also, maybe we could split one of those great cheap rates!?
Castleteer Pillar

LadyAnn

Quote from: Quiet One on May 16, 2008, 07:56:16 PM
Ladyhawke are you planning on the whole weekend or just Monday?  This is the weekend I usually trek up MIRF.

LadyAnn, did they have a day of wrong last year?  I didn't notice much unusual on Monday.  I will have to plan for something new this year.

I had never heard of wrong day until some friends were discussing what they were going to wear this year. My friends told me that they had taken part in wrong day, but I was not there to see it.  It sounds like fun, so I thought I would try it out this year.  ;D
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

sealion

I saw some of the Day of Wrong outfits last year and, if I hadn't been told that they were doing it on purpose, I probably would have chalked it up as more of the "wrong" seen every day of faire! LOL
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

LadyHawkeontheHill

I once saw a woman at ORF dressed as a french fry...well, maybe more of a "steak" fry, but nonetheless, I'll bet that would be considered appropriate for the Day of Wrong...
Castleteer Pillar

Anna Iram

I'm intrigued. Does anyone have any pics from previous Day's of Wrong? Sounds like a hoot.

Talolin

So, "wrong day" would be a good day to wear my Imperial Stormtrooper outfit?  :o
Here's a Health to the Company...