News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MIRF

Started by Lavender, May 09, 2008, 07:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyAnn

That would be correct.
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

LadyAnn

Quote from: sealion on May 17, 2008, 09:42:09 AM
I saw some of the Day of Wrong outfits last year and, if I hadn't been told that they were doing it on purpose, I probably would have chalked it up as more of the "wrong" seen every day of faire! LOL

"Day of Wrong"  that's what it's called.  I knew wrong day didn't sound quit right.
"Castleteer"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Wrong day would be a great day to wear your garb over your imperial troopers outfit. :)

WaywardWench

I've seen many ways of doing Day of Wrong. One of Michigan's was a "tourist" invasion. Many folks showed up in full dorky tourist mode. They had a tour guide and planned out seeing the "sights" as a group.

Several faires have Day of Wrong, especially if they have a 3 day holiday during their run. I have seen some really clever outfits at the Maryland festival. They seem to take the path of designing perfect garb in all the wrong fabrics, aka a storm troopers uniform in perfect Tudor lines. Several of my favorites the year I was there included "The Godfather". It was an elizabethan doublet gown made from dark pinstripe suiting. There was the man from Clan McPicnic, he had a kilt of red check table cloth fabric and his sporran was a place setting of knife, fork and plate. Another had a kilt of camo fabric. There was the "OMG I'm blinded" tights made from silver holographic fabric that was unbearable to look at in the sunlight.

LadyAnn

Making garb in the wrong material .... Now that sound like fun  ;)
"Castleteer"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

PearlyPirateLass

IS IT TIME YET??????????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH  >:( ;D ??? :'( :)
DRINK UP ME HEARTYS YO HO

Margaret

Quote from: WaywardWench on May 20, 2008, 03:37:48 PM
I've seen many ways of doing Day of Wrong. One of Michigan's was a "tourist" invasion. Many folks showed up in full dorky tourist mode. They had a tour guide and planned out seeing the "sights" as a group.

That was just spectacular.

My favorite was when Benny got his photo taken with Her Grace and then he proceeded to loudly proclaim as he walked away:

"Boy that Queen Victoria is a nice lady!"

;D
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

King Henry Tudor

Greetings All.  Good to be back up on the new and improved Forum.

Being on Cast at MiRF, one sees a lot of funny things each year on the Day of Wrong as well as hears stories from the years before being on Cast.  My favorite story is one from several years ago (don't know what year) when a guy came on the Day of Wrong dressed in a complete replica NASA Astronaut SPACE SUIT!  Supposedly this thing had a cooling system to not only keep the occupant comfortable but also to cool an onboard supply of BEER that was drank via a tube in the helmet.  His kept telling people that his spaceship had crashlanded nearby and he was just awaiting rescue. LOL  I wish I could have seen that!

Last year on the Day of Wrong we had a whole group that came dressed in SILVER JUMPSUITS, there was a Father, Mother, three Children, another Man and a Robot.  Yep, you guessed it, they were the ROBINSON FAMILY from the old Lost In Space TV show!  It was great!  We also get yearly visits from people in various Star Trek uniforms, quite often in a group on an "away mission", as well as the random Kingon or two.  Always fun to see them.  We also had a whole squad of WWII soldiers come in last year, looked like they had just come from the invasion of Normandy or something.  Great historically accurate uniforms complete with helmets, belts, pouches, canteens, backpacks, and even Thompson machine guns and Carbine rifles (non-functional, of course).  That was a real treat!

Can't wait to see what people come up with this year!

Looking forward to seeing all our old friends and making new ones this season.

Warmest Regards,

James Raley

Sir William Sargent
www.sirwilliamsargent.renspace.com
Her Most Royal Majesty's Sgt at Arms
Sgt Major of Her Majesty's Royal Guard
Knight of the Royal Order of the Garter
Michigan Renaissance Festival

And starting later this year, also known as...

King Henry VIII
Sovereign Monarch of England
Mid-Michigan Renaissance Festival
Frankenmuth, Michigan
www.midmichiganrenfest.com

King Henry Tudor VIII
King of England and Wales

Guinevere of Leonesse

Quote from: Sir William Sargent on May 25, 2008, 12:11:05 AM
Greetings All.  Good to be back up on the new and improved Forum.

It is so good to see you back again. :)

I'm wearing green and gold on the 7th of September (only time my husband and I can go due to the arrival of our baby daughter) at MIRF and I truly hope that people don't give me funny looks because that weekend is not the Irish weekend and those colours I'm wearing are Irish colours and my husband is wearing a green shirt with a celtic design on the top half of it. We shall see.
The more you worry, the longer it will take.

Pipere

The english 19th century colonialist in his pith helmet was my favorite.

Specially because he was in the company of a Vulcan.
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

Cassandra Joybells

Day of Wrong 2006...here's the pic i told you about Lady Ann......
Crusader meets the boss!

Ladyfair

Sir Gwain....that was the day the Queen bowed to HIS GRACE...... that is the only person a Queen can bow too!!!  twas a sight indeed...... that was a fun day indeed!!!!
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

LadyAnn

Quote from: Cassandra Joybells on May 25, 2008, 10:01:57 PM
Day of Wrong 2006...here's the pic i told you about Lady Ann......
Crusader meets the boss!

I know him.. That's AJ other half  ;D
"Castleteer"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Ladyfair

Yep, that's AJ's other half. Bill and his friends come up with something good every year for the day of wrong.  Ya never know what to expect, but its always a hoot!!!
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

nliedel

Quote from: Sir William Sargent on May 25, 2008, 12:11:05 AM
And starting later this year, also known as...

King Henry VIII
Sovereign Monarch of England
Frankenmuth, Michigan
www.midmichiganrenfest.com

Merciful toast with bad butter, how the heck are you managing to do both? I can barely keep up with MIRF. Of course you've been doing this for a while and this is my first year, wherein I hae learned I cannot dance. :)
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor