News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MIRF

Started by Lavender, May 09, 2008, 07:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Day of wrong is the monday we have faire on.

Madge Estes

LDW -

Don't forget the khakis and visor...
Live so your dreams recognize you.

nliedel

Quote from: L Dale Walter on July 11, 2008, 07:17:50 AM
Quote"What's the day of wrong?" the innocent new cast member asked her director.

He scowled. "It does not exist for you."
More realistically, he (I am betting I know who HE is here) should have said "You're cast.  That's everyday for you.  Now take your 1/2 a foodbook and get back into that salt mine!" <g>

So retro huh?  What day is the day of wrong?  Might be funny just to watch.  Or maybe a certain Court guy I know would loan me his JP costume, complete with shock white wig and brim.  Now me as JP, THAT would be wrong!  (I am much too tall, and I don't rent Mustangs...)

For those of you that none of this makes any sense to, don't sweat it.  For those that just fell off their chairs, you are welcome...

Teach me to post just before a workout when I just downed a handful of RPM (it's a workout stimulant, and man it WORKS!!!).

Yoinks, and AWAY!

LDW

I actually like the guy a lot, not *that* way, but he's really helped me. He did later said it was cause I am cast, so I don't want to leave the impression he's a big ole meanie weanie who hates me, or anything.

The funny thing is that I write romance (this is on my blog) and years ago one of the cast members struck me as someone who would make a great male for a book I was planning to write. I'd never spoken with him, just thought he looked right, so I wrote the book with him in miond (this means nothing. I write my romance characters for one another. I can't write them like the man I am married to.  He's blond and gentle and quiet and those types don't sell, or I would write nerds all the time) and everytime I see this guy I'm laughing my head off. 1. His character is NOTHING like the guy I wrote at all, and 2. well, it's just a funny thing to observe someone, take mental notes, write a romance about what you see and then run into him for an entire summer. I normally pick people out of a crowd and write them and no, you may not have my pen name. LOL! It would be obvious who this person is, if the book was read by someone. Fortunatly, I'm multi published and people would have to go through a lot of books to figure it out. Snort.

My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Katie Bookwench

Quote"What's the day of wrong?" the innocent new cast member asked her director.

He scowled. "It does not exist for you."
More realistically, he (I am betting I know who HE is here) should have said "You're cast.  That's everyday for you.  Now take your 1/2 a foodbook and get back into that salt mine!" <g>

Silly Apprentice: DAY OF WRONG is for Patrons!    :D

he actually SCOWLED? No way!   <--- yep. that's sarcasm all right.

Quote from: L Dale Walter on July 11, 2008, 07:17:50 AMOr maybe a certain Court guy I know would loan me his JP costume, complete with shock white wig and brim.  Now me as JP, THAT would be wrong!  (I am much too tall, and I don't rent Mustangs...)

you ain't whistlin Dixie... that WOULD be SO wrong. (/stage whisper: DOOO EEEETT!) But I thought you were gonna be a Klingon!

For those of you that none of this makes any sense to, don't sweat it.  For those that just fell off their chairs, you are welcome...

After I picked myself off the floor, I had to clean the coffee off my monitor and keyboard--Thanks for that mental image.  :D

..demmit....back to the salt mines for me (not the same one, though)...

Yoikes and away.  :(
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Lord Virgil

Quote from: nliedel on July 11, 2008, 09:37:42 AM

I actually like the guy a lot, not *that* way, but he's really helped me. He did later said it was cause I am cast, so I don't want to leave the impression he's a big ole meanie weanie who hates me, or anything.

The funny thing is that I write romance (this is on my blog) and years ago one of the cast members struck me as someone who would make a great male for a book I was planning to write. I'd never spoken with him, just thought he looked right, so I wrote the book with him in miond (this means nothing. I write my romance characters for one another. I can't write them like the man I am married to.  He's blond and gentle and quiet and those types don't sell, or I would write nerds all the time) and everytime I see this guy I'm laughing my head off. 1. His character is NOTHING like the guy I wrote at all, and 2. well, it's just a funny thing to observe someone, take mental notes, write a romance about what you see and then run into him for an entire summer. I normally pick people out of a crowd and write them and no, you may not have my pen name. LOL! It would be obvious who this person is, if the book was read by someone. Fortunatly, I'm multi published and people would have to go through a lot of books to figure it out. Snort.

How flattering to have a romance character created of you.  He must be a great guy, what an honor for him.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

nliedel

It was from looks alone. I see people and I imagine what they're like and I write stories about them. Of course by the time I make them into the people in my head, they're very different from real life.

darkranger

How many days?   :o
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

nliedel

Stop asking, says the freaking out flower seller. I've yelled at my kids in the last 24 hours and I've lost some high notes. Dratted kids.

anna*regina

What time are these daily meet and greets that I'm hearing about? I'd love to meet some of you when I'm there!

maelstrom0370

Quote from: anna*regina on August 22, 2008, 10:45:46 AM
What time are these daily meet and greets that I'm hearing about? I'd love to meet some of you when I'm there!

They usually happen at 11am at "Things From Rings" (Ladyfair's booth)

anna*regina