News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Must see at Scarby?

Started by Meagan, March 12, 2011, 08:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BryanPopp

If that is the 2011 schedule, I do not see Hey Nunnie Nunnie.

Ryk Rakham

I've heard that Hey Nunnie Nunnie will not be at Scarby! We will miss them.

Our faves are - Don Juan and Miguel, Adam Crack - fire whip show, Iris and Rose (for the weekend you are there without the kiddos), Cast in Bronze, The German Twins....and well, my list could go on. Do make the Joust, the new troupe is doing a really good job. And I'm sure Sloan Wolfe will put on an incredible show. Then there's the Bellydancers, Thomas the Pyro Guy, and on and on and on....we just love being there. PS - don't miss the parade of course!~
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

LadyStitch

2009- Thomas was opposit Don Juan and Migel
2010- He was opposite The Duke of Danger
2011- He is not performing as Adam is now opposite of the Duke of Danger.  His slot was taken by Sloan Wolf.

LSS, no Pyro Guy this year  >:(
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

SirRichardBear

Kinda strange SloanWolfe the bagpipe band is over in Holly field while Wine and Alchemy is over in pecan grove
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

LadyStitch

Last year they were opposite the belly dancers so it does make some sense.  Similar tastes in entertainment on the same stage. /shrug
Besides when the Rogues played on that stage it was beyond packed. I would imagine they would want to give Sloan Wolf room to have dancers and echo across the field.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

SirRichardBear

Your most likely right just seem strange that the pecan grove is known as the place the scots hang out and the bagpipe band is at the other end.   Going be seeing more kilts over in holly field. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

dbaldock

I became friends with the ladies of Queen Anne's Lace, having met them a year or two before they officially formed the group, when they were singing as members of the Scarborough Madrigals.  So, since I still enjoy hearing them (and see them when they make it to TRF), I would recommend that you catch one of their shows at Scarby.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Although not an act, I would recommend getting something to eat at the bakery place - I have only been a few times, so I don't know the name, but is dead right when you come in the gate and has a decent line of people.  Just don't get to the front and ponder - everyone gets kind of growley :) - I followed a suggestion from last year, bought this reddish cake thing (with a flower on top) slipped down to the hot sauce booth for some raspberry hot sauce - excellent!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on March 16, 2011, 05:54:55 AM
Although not an act, I would recommend getting something to eat at the bakery place - I have only been a few times, so I don't know the name, but is dead right when you come in the gate and has a decent line of people.  Just don't get to the front and ponder - everyone gets kind of growley :) - I followed a suggestion from last year, bought this reddish cake thing (with a flower on top) slipped down to the hot sauce booth for some raspberry hot sauce - excellent!!

I have to second that motion. LOL. I think the entire cast goes there for breakfast also.
I love their sausage kolaches, but I have to restrain myself from overindulging.

You should also give the fish and chips booth a look over. Last year they had grilled salmon, which you just don't see every day at a faire.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

SirRichardBear

The Tomatoe Basial goat cheese from the bakery is a great breakfast treat.
Benjamin Franklin