News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Bodice

Started by Adriana Rose, December 06, 2010, 10:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

I am looking for a bodice and I was wondering who made your favorite bodice, where you got it. Ya know all the gory details. ;D

lady serena

Odd Bodkin is were I got mine from and I love it.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lady Renee Buchanan

Mine's a tie.  Moresca for a fancier bodice.  I love my Frou Frou!  I just won another one on Ebay & it is beautiful, too. 

Pendragon Leather for my suede & tooled leather celtic cross bodice.  Two totally different styles, but the customer service for both is fantastic.  It depends on the look you are going for.  I wouldn't wear my Moresca as a peasant, and on the other hand, I don't feel my Pendragon is anywhere near noble.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

LadyStitch

I'm lady Renee.  I have both a Pendragon and a Moresca.   I love the vesitility of my Pendragon and the lovely tooling.   I also have come to like the Pendragon that the Pink Pirate got me this past TRF. I have always had problems with my lower back at faire.  Since I got the Moresca  I haven't had an issue.  In fact I got back to camp late  and had to cook food for 20 people wearing it.  I really had no problem wearing it. And I absolutly loved it. 

Both allow for adjustments thanks to the versitily of lacings.  It all depends on what your flavor of bodice would be.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

gem

We don't have Pendragon, Odd Bodkin, or Moresca at KCRF, so I've never gotten to see their wares. My favorite bodices are from Ophelia's. The support is AMAZING, and they seem to find the most gorgeous fabrics out there (unfortunately, I always seem to fall in love with the wrong size, or a fabric that goes with *nothing* else I own. LOL).

Here's my favorite one (now, alas, 50lbs too big for me!). It's a black chenille with orange, green, etc flowers, plus velvet ribbon sleeves! It laces up the front like a stomacher.

Lady Kett

I have 2 Odd Bodkins which are my favorites, 1 Moresca which is a close 2nd and a Pendragon which is a far away third. I love my Pendragon, but I love the others more.

I am liking the looks of Ophelia's though! I see they are -or at leaset were- at Scarby (squee!) so if they are back this year I must investigate further!

Delireus

I want half the things Moresca sells, and it kills me to go to their shop at TRF and walk out empty handed :(

I've got 3 pieces from Damsel in this Dress and I'm waiting on a 4th. I actually ordered something from her a few weeks ago and when it came in the mail, the colors were not what I thought they'd be. It was depicted as white and black, but the white was so off white it looks like tan! I emailed her and she's letting me exchange it. I've always had great customer service from her. Also, while I haven't tried any other bodice from other sellers, I have a piece from her that is seriously the only thing I have ever worn that gives me cleavage. It is really sad how little boobs I have, but when I wear DitD bodices, I have them! I'm kinda hooked...
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Rowan MacD

Moresca Max and Max II is my fav for looks and durability, since I like to lace tightly. 5 years and counting and still looking good.  Delicious color/pattern combos.
   For day to day washable I like the Sofi Stitches Locklace.  The grommets are starting to show wear in the bosom after 4 years, since that is where the most stress is, but a good value for the money.
  I have an Odd Bodkin Wench that lasted one year before it started to pull out of the grommets in odd places.  This is the loosest bodice I own and even fully laced is not tight. Don't know what the issue with the grommets is, but I won't be buying another.  Too bad, I love the color.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Rochelle

I have a Damsel in the Dress  bodice, absolutely  love it!!!! Love the rods in front, love the color selction. I will be buying another this year..
Let the games begin !

Athena

My favorite, and the one I wear most often is my brocade lock-lace from Sofi's. I got it at ORF five years ago and it's still holding up well. My Moresca Max II I got at MDRF is a very close second. It's the most beautiful bodice I own, and worth every penny I spent on it!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

TheAlchemistsStar

I own almost every style bodice that Michelle at Damsel In This Dress makes (www.damselinthisdress.etsy.com) and I really love her pirate coats.  DitD corsets are super comfy, especially for full working faire days.  Custom ordering and customer service with Michelle is fantastic, too.

I also splurged on a Moresca Max II this year and I really love wearing it on days when I'm "raising my station" a bit.  I can't get into the Moresca without help so I wore it only about three or four times this past season at MDRF.  Being fairly well endowed, I love the way that Moresca lifts :)
VA
aka "V-The Not Quite So Pure"
IWG #3874
Local 42
OTA- Order of the Two Apples
FOKTOP Member

RumbaRue

I made my own.

The black trim including around the gromets is actually black leather. This bodice is still in fantastic condition considering I made it over 10 years ago!

Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

gem

Rhumba, that's terrific. And I make almost all of my bodices, too--but I think the OP was looking for recommendations on RTW bodices.

Adriana Rose

Either way its fun to see what you guys like!

Alas the new ready to wear bodice is gonna have to wait for a while and it looks like I am gonna try to make one

Queen Bonnie

Moresca! I have several fairy bodices in different colors. Very comfortable! My Evil Twin loves her pirate bodice from Moresca!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!