News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Roland from Wizard's Keep

Started by Stalkwell, January 11, 2011, 05:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalkwell

I'm truly sorry to be the bearer of ill tidings... for those of you that haven't heard, Roland passed away this last Sunday.

Or more recently...

His death was very unexpected.  Paramedics, family, and friends all responded to his call for help, unfortunately we were all too late.

For those who wish to attend his viewing, it will be on Friday from 4 pm to 8 pm at Greenwood Funeral Home. The address is 3100 White Settlement Rd, Ft. Worth TX 76107.

For those who wish to attend his memorial, the venue has yet to be chosen, but tentatively will be on Saturday afternoon/evening in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  Details will be posted as plans are confirmed.  There are no plans for a memorial fund at this time.

Roland was the person that first introduced me to Four Winds, some 14 years ago.  He was a good friend and long time personal companion.  I'm still too stunned to believe  he's gone. Eventually it will sink in.  Faire will not be the same without him.

Please keep Roland and his family in your thoughts and/or prayers.  This has been very stressful on family and friends.  He has said repeatedly that we should not be sad for his passing, but to think of it as just one more opportunity to come together as a family.

Good bye for now, my friend...

Dana Hill (a.k.a. Stalkwell)
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

DonaCatalina

May he rest in peace, my thoughts are with his family.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

dbaldock

I haven't seen Roland since I moved to Houston in 2003.
But I do remember seeing & talking with him many mornings, before cannon at Scarby, during the late 90's.

Sorry to hear of his passing.
I will be praying for his family and friends.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lady Rosaline

So sorry to hear the new. Prayers will be said for him family and friends.
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

Lady Kett

Rest in peace, Roland. May your family and friends find comfort in their memories.

Dracconia

He and James will watch over us and laugh as we carry on. But we miss them none the less
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Stalkwell

Roland's viewing and memorial were very touching.  Many friends were there, and there was a solid three hours of testimonial at the memorial.  Thank you to Leghorn for piping.

For those who couldn't attend, here are the links to our memorial pages:

http://www.stalkwell.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=29144

and Kim's:

http://www.faeriebox.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=5522

Apologies for the number of images, he deserves many. many more.  Roland wasn't really one to be photographed.  The true Roland was difficult to capture in a two dimensional image.  We will continue to post as we find them.

Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Lord Virgo

I was very sad to hear about Roland.  My Dad worked with him and I got to know him through Faire.  He will be in my thoughts and prayers
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY