News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

400 Highly Researched Constumes by George Stuart

Started by GalleryGuy, December 09, 2010, 12:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalleryGuy

Please visit the largest website devoted to a single artist at http://www.galleryhistoricalfigures.com/.
There are over 1,500 images showing his stunning Historical Figures in full view and detail. 

Stuart has created groups for Tudor, Stuart, Hanover and Victorian England; Bourbon France, Romanov Russia, Ch'ing China, American Revolutionary and Civil War Periods and the Renaissance and Reformation -- and more.

Please feel free to use images and ideas! Feedback appreciated!

GalleryGuy
Executive Director
Historical Figures Foundation
lbecker@galleryhistoricalfigures.com
Leroy Becker, Executive Director

Dinobabe

I especially like the category "Really Awful People"! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Rebecca

Athena

Wow, those are incredible! Thanks for posting the link!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Welsh Wench

Charles II is a babe, Nell Gwyn is fab and Samuel Adams runs a close second in the cool factor.

Great site!
Thanks!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Anna Iram

Nice to have the blessing of the director of the site to use all those wonderful pieces as inspiration. Adding my thanks here.

Curious why you placed Jack the Ripper with the Royals and not with the other Really Awful People?

Lady Guinevere

Clan McLotofus Elder

GalleryGuy

Ooops!  Thanks!
Jack the Ripper is now one of the Really Awful People, as indeed he should be.
Our site is easily modified, so keep those cards and letters coming!

BTW- the Media page http://www.galleryhistoricalfigures.com/media.php has a lot of background material.

GalleryGuy

GirlChris

BLAKDUKE

'Nice to have the blessing of the director of the site to use all those wonderful pieces as inspiration. Adding my thanks here.

Curious why you placed Jack the Ripper with the Royals and not with the other Really Awful People?'

Anna:

From a certain point of view he could be placed in both categories.  Some researchers have suggested a possible identity of "The Ripper"  as Prince Albert Victor of the royal family of Queen Victoria.   No real evidence really existed and the prince
had alibis for several of the murders, yet nonetheless he was a royal suspect.

Blakduke
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Welsh Wench

On a side note--

Prince Albert Victor was engaged to Princess Mary of Teck. But Albert died before the wedding. She subsequently married his brother Prince George who became George V.

Does this sound like it was done before?  ;D

GalleryGuy

Glad to post available images (where available) of back sides or other detail of a few Figures. What would you like to see?

As for Albert Victor, the Figure represents him at an age when he fits into Mr. Stuart's Monolog about the Victorian Era. Click on "Video Clip" link on Albert Victor's page. The A.V. Figure was created about 50 years ago. The staff at the British Military (War?) Museum were extremely helpful by furnishing accurate sketches of the frogging and other details from A.V.'s actual uniform.     

Welsh Wench

The videos are wonderful!

Thank you so much and thank you to George Stuart for a rare glimpse into the lives of these people who shaped the world.

Can you imagine a cocktail party with all these historical figures?   ;D

Anna Iram

Lord yes I can imagine. A cocktail party from Hell with all those overblown egos in one room. Plots flying and mistresses dunking one another in the punch bowl. Amusing for a bit I suppose.  :)

You're welcome GalleryGuy. I imagine it is hard to keep track of all those characters. More than a few deserve to do time in the Awful room. Sorting them properly is a task unto itself! Thought perhaps Jack had wandered off looking for another victim!  :D

Blakduke, that does ring a bell in the deep recesses of my little brain. Thanks for that reminder. It must have been frightening, but intriguing still to have lived in Jacks time and to have read the ongoing investigations and rumour about who it might be.

I really like Mr. Stuart's way of telling their stories. Very down to earth. Very amusing with titles from his lectures like "What does Love have to do with it?" and "The Dysfunctional Tudors". LOL. I haven't had the chance to watch much from your site yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Lady Nicolette

It could also be incredibly enlightening...Everyone might just decide to behave...shocking as that thought might be!  
The idea of the cocktail party makes me think of Steve Allen's PBS show, "Meeting of Minds..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meeting_of_Minds
(modified to add wiki link)
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine