News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

question about fantasy garb

Started by Lady Rosaline, October 26, 2010, 05:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rebecca

Woah! Does that hurt to walk around on all day?

Lady Rosaline

No more than really tall high heels. But then the longest I've worn them is about an hour or two at a time. I'll let ya know after Sunday (taking them for a test walk on Halloween).
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

Sabrina Black

Quote from: Lady Rosaline on October 29, 2010, 10:13:29 PM
They have changed a bit since we took these pics. But this is pretty much what they looked like before I added the hoof and fur.

Did you make those or buy them?  Just curious :)
Wench-in-training

operafantomet

I am so impressed by the engineering here, and also of the finished look. It looks so... right! If you're going with the bra idea, you could also make a fur bolero jacket. You know the ones with only sleeves and a small back. Like this, minus the front (if you want to show off the bra, you could of course make the front too):

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=10380686

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Lady Rosaline on October 29, 2010, 12:03:51 PM
99% complete Faun legs.

I am impressed with the skill it took to make these; and make them look good!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Niennis

First off, congrats on them being almost done XD Woot for fauns! They do look like they could use a bit of padding on the knees and butt to keep them shaped, but that could just be the view.

Secondly, what faires are you planing on going to? I'd love to have an opportunity to meet up with other fauns XD (though mine is only 5% done o.O)

If you're in the US, check out Faerieworlds. It's a great place for fauns and faeries and everything else!
Hey, why not?

Lady Rosaline

My hubby and I made them. We saw a pair on youtube that someone made for a werewolf, we copied their basic design and modified them to work for a faun.  It took us a week to get them to this point.
For now, I'll be using a wrap top. I do plan to make a coat similar to the one Opera shared a link for.
Thank you all so much, I'm very happy with the way they have come out. Now I just need to work out the tail.  :P   :)

I mainly do Texas faires. I will definitely check out  Faerieworlds. I've made a few changes to to the legs to slim them down a bit more.

Sabrina Black

Quote from: Lady Rosaline on October 30, 2010, 10:11:48 AM
My hubby and I made them. We saw a pair on youtube that someone made for a werewolf, we copied their basic design and modified them to work for a faun.  It took us a week to get them to this point.
For now, I'll be using a wrap top. I do plan to make a coat similar to the one Opera shared a link for.
Thank you all so much, I'm very happy with the way they have come out. Now I just need to work out the tail.  :P   :)

I mainly do Texas faires. I will definitely check out  Faerieworlds. I've made a few changes to to the legs to slim them down a bit more.

Haha, I found that too last night :)  they look great!
Wench-in-training

Lady Rosaline

Here is the very basic Faun garb.
Without the horns

from behind

Rani Zemirah

Oh, that's soooo awesome, hon!!!  I can't WAIT to see you in it, and I know Scally is gonna FLIP when I show her this!  

(glad she's still young enough that I can veto the the platforms/stilts, or I'd have my own little faun running around, after she saw yours at TRF...)  :D  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede