News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Carm O'Brien in the Hospital

Started by The Professor, December 16, 2010, 03:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Professor

Just to share this news with you lot:

From Kara O' Brien:

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that Carmen O'Brien (aka Mum, aka the Queen's Spinster) is having surgery to remove a fibroid tumor on December 16th. It isn't anything too serious, but it will be a long nasty recovery and we would really appreciate your good thoughts and energy.
Thank you so much; we miss you all, and we hope you all have a wonderful, merry, and blessed holiday season!

Love and Good Cheer,

Kara O'Brien
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Blushing

She'll certainly be in my thoughts!

Here's to a fast and comfortable recovery!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Norfolk

The Baroness and I just returned from visiting "Mum" in the hospital.  She looked amazingly well for someone less than 24 hours postop.  She is taking clear liquids well (although the flavors are not particularly to her liking).  The nurses have had her out of bed and walking to the nurses station and back - a trip of about 25 yards, which Carmen refers to as "the marathon" - twice already.  Her spirits are good, which will come as no surprise to those of you who know her.

If everything continues to go well, her surgeon is likely to send her home tomorrow afternoon or evening. 

She would, I think, very much enjoy hearing from any of you who would care to send her a card or a note.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Norfolk

Carmen was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon.  She has now fully recovered her delightful sense of humor, even though it hurts her to laugh, and is recovering physically with amazing rapidity. 
Just call me "Your Grace"

The Professor

Thank you for the updates, Colonel, they are much appreciated.  She is a dear and gentle lady, I hope her run of health issues has ended here.
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"