News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where does your garb live?

Started by Imestra, May 09, 2008, 07:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imestra

In a tiny house, with even smaller closets, half of my mundane clothing resides in a standing closet in the basement
Currently considering another free-standing closet, although where that could go would require lots of clearing out old clutter. 

So the question is, how and where do y'all store your garb betwixt faires?  Garment bags in closets, 'space bags' with the air sucked out, a closet just for garb??

I would rather not need to iron before each wearing, so folding and boxing just doesn't feel good, to me.  It would need to be some kind of huge box anyway, to include the weaponry of this household of three.  Not to mention the clothing keeps growing.  We now have winter weight items for the Castleteers! There are no hoops or big hats (no hats at all) so space need not be massive. 

Hey, just wanted to start a topic I had not seen, before.   8)
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Queen Bonnie

my Garb Room doubles as a guest room.  Moving it soon to a closet- having guests!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

eloquentXI

Currently...my bodice is hanging over my mirror on my closet door, with my Sufi pants and skirt for this weekend...

my pouch is on my dresser...

my belt and tankard are hanging from the other door of my room, and my chemise is half in my closet, half in my room??

So, I'd say my garb lives everywhere (in my room.)  ;D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Lady Christina de Pond

let see the cape i wore in April is in the cloth pile
my gown in on top of my crafts box
my sword is in it's sheath in the corner
and my boots strolled on the floor and my bag i'm still dragging it around
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

CapnFayeCutler

My guest room's closet. It gets its own for now until I need to take over my main closet.  ;D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Trillium

Some lives in the closet, some lives in a storage box.  The storage box will soon need to be upgraded.... ;D
Got faerie dust?

Ottheinrich

In plastic storage containers in the Bar

analise

The extra cloak my roommate just gave me the other day is lying over the little tv in my room. My faerie wings are sitting on top of my garb box. One of my overskirts is sitting on the back of the couch downstairs waiting for me to return it to my room. Most of my garb is actually in the garb box though a chemise or two is stuck in one of my drawers....

You get the idea. :) I don't have a special "garb closet" or room or anything. I'll be getting a larger closet after I move next month, though, and I'm fairly certain there will be room in there for my garb as well as my regular clothes.

nliedel

in a special drawer in my bedroom, and hanging on the bathrobe hook in my dressing area. I know, but closet space here is at a premium.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Lady Ann of Draycott

Most of it hangs up in the closet, odds and ends and stuff that doesn't hang gets stored in a Rubbermaid storage tub.  I have it divided up into categories too, noble garb, pirate garb and misc garb.  ;D
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Athena

I purchased a rolling garment rack and the garb is now hanging on that in the basement (got the idea from a friend, who stores her garb the same way). It's organized, which makes it easier to find what I want. I had to do something, it was taking over my closet!  :P

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

sealion

Most of it fills a basement storage room but bit and pieces turn up in my bedroom and craft room.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Jess Devyne

Most of ours hangs on a rolling cart in our closet (thankfully, we have a closet about the size of a small bedroom), belts other accessories are in bins, blades are hanging on walls or standing in corners, and the piles of fabric that want to grow up to be garb are in my sewing room in the basement. 

flidais

Most of my garb lives in a wonderful, all wood, wardrobe that my mother left to me.  Then there's the stuff that's hangoing over the back of our futon, or from the bedroom door, and in our closet. 

knarlyknot

Our garb has its own closet with most stuff hanging but some goes in containers on the floor or on the shelf.