News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where does your garb live?

Started by Imestra, May 09, 2008, 07:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

Really, I *do* prefer to clean and refresh my garb before the first wearing of the season, after it's been stored for 10 months, so easily washable things (shirts, pants, skits, and chemises) go in Rubbermaid tubs.  Bodices and small accessories (pouches, some hats, belts, gloves) are also in tubs.  Any tub with items that might be sweaty (hats, bodices) is left open.  Some hats go in hat boxes; some are stacked on a shelf; some live full-time hanging on bedposts.  Gowns, robes, and doublets are in the closet in the guest room.  Because we have lots more garb than guests!  ;D

LadyOren

Dummies that are naked LOL yes really hahahaha,  Fabric goods in a trunk with cedar chips and acid free tissue paper. Leather goods are stored on the display rack or hung from pegs on the walls.  I've sold off alot of my excess garb this last winter during the writers strike to make ends meet. Hmmm that means I now have room for more garb...Huzzah the need to go fabric shopping is pulling at me :D
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

dragongirl

Since I have a double closet in my bedroom for my everyday mundane clothes, I just cleaned out my second clothes closet, where my dress clothes and shoes lived.  After getting rid of things I don't wear or use anymore, especially shoes, I divided the closet in half and one half id now housing all my garb and feastware.
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

theChuck

i keep my stuff on one side of my closet. but then, i guess i don't have enough to warrant a new dresser/shelf/room. :/
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Ladyferns

We remodeled - built on to our house last year, and the new bathroom as well as the small library room both have huge closets - so part of that was delegated as garb storage!  The swords and walking stick are in an old golf bag in the corner of the closet, the small accessories are in boxes that go into the trunk before we leave home so we don't forget anything, and the wool is in the cedar chest.

TKM

i keep all my shirts/doublets/vests/etc for my garb hung up in my closet, my boots in the box they came in, my pants/all accessories stuffed in a backpack, and any wooden weapons in a small tote bag, all of which i keep in my closet. any steel weapons i own are displayed on my bedroom wall, and all my padded foam weapons for the barbarian battles at KCRF are in the trunk of my car.

Cilean

Hello All!

I have a purple armoire that I house my finished pieces which is in my Craft (what my family calles Crap) room, but my currently To do projects all over my home.  So I need to organize my currently doing projects!

So that is the deal!

[/font][/color] [/size]
Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Aiacha

My garb has it's own closet...sort of has it's own room.  I have a spare bedroom that I am themeing renissance-ish and currently keep all of my garb, camping supplies and assorted sundry other things in there.  I've just bought a dresser in there so I'll be able to straighten out the closet and get the camping gear in there.

Lady_Glorianna

Most of our garb is on two of those stand alone zippered closets in the family room. It is just Sir Dragon and me and we don't really get that many visitors so it works ;)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Once Debauched

*evil giggle*

Between faires my garb has it's own spot in the floor.  Sometimes it doesn't even get washed till a few weeks before opening day.  I love being a peasant/pyrate!  I do admit though, all my leather goods and felt hats are hung up or shelved in my craft/sewing room.  Even I have my limits!
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Annastina

I WAS storing the majority of our garb (mine and my daughter's) in the spare bedroom closet.  With two more daughters back from college, skirts are squished in my closet, five bodices are hanging on one hanger and everything else is folded/rolled in a bottom dresser drawer.  I am seriously going to go through my mundane stuff and toss things to make room for the garb.  One must have one's priorities.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

FaireMare

Wow... this was a big Thread in the old Castle Well over a year ago. 

Great Idea to bring it back!  WOOOT to the Poster!

Imestra

Long hours did I wander the old castle, and never did this subject find.  Thanks for the woot, FaireMare.  Gratifying to read that so many are housing their garb in much the same manner as we are, in my household.  Some unique solutions to be considered, Mayhaps the Phoenix needs must be reborn to insure.......healthy plummage ?
(The plummage don't enter into it)
Keep 'em coming, rennies!   8)

{moderator} hehehehehehe.... Outof like 15.000 posts, you couldnt find it? Go figure?!!! hehehehe.... seriously, i think it really was lost in the dark reaches of the forum, it was due to reserect anyway. {/moderator}
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

beeboy

I used to keep all my garb in a drawer.  Now that I literally own enough stuff to put in only 2 bags, I have my shirt and pants hanging up in the closet, and belt/pouch/mugs/rope/mug holder in one of the 2 bags

Amira

My skirts, chemise, and bodices hang in the closet. My bloomers and hosen in a drawer. My belt, pouches, tankard, & hats are on a hat rack, and my dagger by my bed.
Amira Hawkins
The Peasant Guild ~ California