News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where does your garb live?

Started by Imestra, May 09, 2008, 07:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

some hanging in the closet, some in plastic totes in the closet and some in large totes behind the dresser. GOD I love garb! ;D Do you ever have enough?
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

NoBill Lurker

Quote from: LADY JOYCEANNE on May 14, 2008, 04:00:45 PM
some hanging in the closet, some in plastic totes in the closet and some in large totes behind the dresser. GOD I love garb! ;D Do you ever have enough?

No you can never ever have enough garb!  ;)
It's on going addiction that we all enjoy suffering from! ;D
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

divapixie

Most of it is split between the guest room closet and the master bedroom closet... but all the fox tails, hair scarves, knives, swords, jinglies, and other odds and ends are in the hand basket on the book case in the master bedroom.
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

Blushing

I have an apartment ... and I'm a huge crafter as well as a faire addict ... so I didn't really have a choice to box up my garb.  I use transluent bins, or the tough plastic ones that are opaque.  I roll the clothes (I haven't had a problem with wrinkles that I've noticed) ... and through in a few cedar blocks in between faires.  Otherwise they are tossed over furniture or hanging in doorways.

I've been meaning to clear out some of my mundanes to make room ... but I never get around it.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Var Greyshadow

One bedroom apartment with the closet jam packed with stuff.  Seems the garb has taken to living on the bedroom door.  Shirts and pants are on hangers over the doorknob and the leather tunic's hanger is hooked over the top of the door.  The boots are tucked behind the door and the accessories are in a big tote bag (or two or three).  The sharp pointies are mostly leaned up against the wall at the end of the hall in what we affectionately call "The Cuisinart of Death".
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Charlotte Rowan

I was just thinking about this as I was cleaning house the other day... it seemed like everywhere I looked there was a piece of garb, lol!  :D Most of it lives in the utility area in plastic bins or in the wardrobe in there. Swords, daggers, cavalier hats, and boots also live out there on various shelves. But my princess dress is hanging in the laundry area, as it is too long to hang anywhere else and not drag, and Ghillies are in my closet. Also R/F pin, random favors and jewelry live in the office/dressing room (our bedroom has no closets and isn't big enough for free-standing wardrobes, so our closets are in the 2nd bedroom/office).
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

brooke

As much as I try to keep it all contained to the guest room closet, it seems to be creeping around the house without my knowledge.  So, the majority is in that closet.  some is in the craft/sewing closet for alteration/addition, odds and ends are in my bedroom closet and jewelry box, bugs in kitchen..... and wherever else the bits and pieces land after a long weekend.

Brooke

Lumpy

We have a walk-in closet with garb hanging the full length. Footwear strewn on the floor and accessories and kilts in bins along the wall. We could easily garb a family of 5 several different ways over the course of a season, and have...
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

Erynn

Since last month (when I moved into my new place) my garb hangs in the closet of my craft room/guest room with most of my other random craft stuff. I started storing them on hangers in clear plastic garment bags, one costume per bag (or thats how I plan it to be eventually) so all I have to do is grab the appropriate ones and go. Need to work on something for accessories now...

CaraGreenleaf

Isn't this embarrassing....
I don't have a place just for my garb...I have a small section of my closet that is devoted to "civvies"...the rest is garb. Considering though that I am on cast for one faire, make garb on a regular basis, and am planning on being in more faires than should be healthy, it makes sense that I would have a large selection....nevermind that I have ADD...so I get quickly bored with one dress...If I go to a Faire, I always have more than 3 dresses with me at any given time! LOL!
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

Poco the Pirate

I have some in my closet, some under my bed, my horns and fans are on the back of my keyboard, a belt is hanging from the keyboard stand and some is on my floor from last week. My room is kinda messy though  ::)
You never know when a leperon might attack

Merry

I'm jealous of all of you with basements and craft rooms.  I keep my garb in my closet in a garment bag.  It doesn't take up much room...yet.  I only have two sets so far, peasant and middles, so they aren't too bulky.  I do have a under the bed storage bag I keep misc. in..stockings...bloomers...belts and attachments.  I fair with a group and we've bought one of those rolling garment racks so we're looking forward to seeing how that helps at fair...picture a sleeping pavillion with garb and mundane clothes EVERYWHERE!

CatAshtrophy

Most of my garb lives in two of the 5 drawers that I have. A few bits and pieces get to be special enough to be promoted to the closet. My wings live in the garage, and for the last month some of my garb has been living in my car because I never cleaned it out after faire. Perhaps it's time for me to clean things up and organize.

Aiacha

OOhh, hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get a picture of the room where my garb lives!  Gotta clean it up first...

Matty Pine Brownie

In two rolling luggages, one duffle bag, and a shelf (big boots and two plumed hats) above a bar with hangers holding most of my mundane clothes in me and my wife's bedroom.
Rogues and Pollywogs! Where is the Brownie?