News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

That Makes 6 Dead

Started by William_MacKean, December 21, 2010, 02:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William_MacKean

With the sudden and painful passing of my best friend of the last 15 years (just a cat to some, but he was more like family than any person I know) that makes 6 'people' close to me that have passed in the last year.

Midnight - 14 year old cat
Neelix - 15 year old cat
Grandma
Grandpa (no more grandparents)
2 close family friends

I am going to be thrilled when this year is over.

Ferret

I am sorry for your loss of family.
Ferret

DonaCatalina

I am sorry for your loss. I wish there was something adequate to say to make your burden a little easier.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Auryn

I am so sorry for your loss.
Man that is rough, if I were in your shoes I'd refuse to get out of bed till Jan 1st.

Anyone who discredits your loss of your pets can take a long walk off a short plank- people like that just will never understand.

I am sending you lots of warm hugs and comforting energy.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Blushing

{{{hugs}}}
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Xantrawler

It was not "just a cat" and anyone who says that just don't understand. Your cats were your friends and I bet at times your comfort. I know, for if it wasn't for our cat, Rohan, I may not have made it through my cancer recovery. You lost someone close and dear for you. I am sending you lots of healing prayers. I am truly sorry for all your losses this year and hope the coming year is better for you.

Rani Zemirah

I'm so sorry for your loss, and am praying that you may find comfort in the love and caring of those you are closest to. 

I'm glad that you have the memories of such loving friends and family... and I know you cherish them. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Kett

William, many hugs your way for what you've endured this year. May 2011 be much more bright and cheerful.

William_MacKean

I look at it this way:
(Well, I try but it gets hard with so many losses)

"I would rather remember the decades of love and joy with them than the hour of pain before their death."

Still, I cannot help but feel bad for the couple times I over-disciplined the cats, or the weekend I could have visited family but chose not to.  Those lost hours and days kinda haunt me.  I know it is natural, but as an OCD patient, I get on myself too hard sometimes.

But all is going rather well.  I have a lot of awesomeness to look forward to!  Future wife, winery, 3 RenFest booths, openning a beer & wine supply store in a couple years, and designing custom wine-making equipment for sale to small wineries.

Rowan MacD

Quote from: William_MacKean on December 22, 2010, 08:01:08 AM
I look at it this way:
(Well, I try but it gets hard with so many losses)

"I would rather remember the decades of love and joy with them than the hour of pain before their death."

Still, I cannot help but feel bad for the couple times I over-disciplined the cats, or the weekend I could have visited family but chose not to.  Those lost hours and days kinda haunt me.  I know it is natural, but as an OCD patient, I get on myself too hard sometimes.

But all is going rather well.  I have a lot of awesomeness to look forward to!  Future wife, winery, 3 RenFest booths, openning a beer & wine supply store in a couple years, and designing custom wine-making equipment for sale to small wineries.
I lost my 18 yr old Yorkie this year too, hopefully you have other fur-babies still with you.  I am grateful for my two little Scotties, they have made my memories of CoCo easier to bear.  Remember the good times and allow them to eclipse the sad.   All dogs (and Cats) go to Heaven, I am sure of it.
   My husband lost a sister and a friend. Before that were 2-3 loss-less years.
  2010 has been the Annus horribilis for quite a few of us. 
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

William_MacKean

I have a good woman, her daughter, and a kitten we got in May-ish to replace the first one lost.  The new fuzzball is definately a daddy's girl.