News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Michigan M'Cracks

Started by Ladyfair, December 23, 2010, 03:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladyfair

The clan M'Crack has a new chapter!  It's clan name is Clan Sutcliff.
We will be having our 1st family gathering in Michigan on opening weekend.  If this date changes I will post.

There happens to be a new pub that was built in Ireland and brought here.  What a great place to host a Friday night gathering. What better way to celebrate and have a good time.

M'Crack info can be found here in the pub area.... I am not good with linking so if someone could help me out.. thank you.
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

max and kate

Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Carl

yeah !! send info on the pub and I will add a link
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Carl

Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

max and kate

Which one is it? Novi or Sterling Heights.
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

max and kate

Ok. After checking the site the pub built in Ireland and reassemble here is in Novi, hmm maybe we should check the pub out a kind of scouting report. Who's game for a few drinks?
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Ladyfair

Why don't we plan for the Hall rd location.

That way anyone else who might be interested in joining the Clan Sutcliff can come out to find out more about us! 

Happy Hour Mon-Thur 3pm to 7pm (this sounds like good time) 8)
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Lairde Guardn

Information on the Clan M'Crack can be found on this thread in the Squires Tavern....

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=719.0
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

max and kate

We scouted the pub in Novi, had a bite and brew and enjoyed the place and its atmosphere. Wiil give it a thumbs up.
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

gypsyqueenie

Aye two thumbs from us as well!
Admiral Morgan Ramirez MD
Pirate Lord of Lake Huron
Brethren of the Great Lakes Inc
Michigan Pirate Festival
etc

Ladyfair

woo hooo!!  Sounds like we are starting to find some awesome hangout/playgrounds!  We are trying to find locations all over the state so that everyone can come out and play....

Thanks for the link T.J, I had a devil of a time trying to post it.
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Peddlin

Looking forward to a visit with out new family, The Clan Sutcliff!

:)
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

LadyAnn

I think a place should be chosen some place in the middle of everyone, or closer to the fair.  In my experience, most people will make their sleeping accommodation close to the fair, and it would be safer for our out of town guest.
My suggestion is Hamlin Pub... they have a location in Clarkston and Rochester Hills.  I have been to the location in Clarkston, and they have very good food, a wide selection of beverages, and it is family friendly.

http://www.hamlinpubs.com/menu.aspx
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Do we really need yet another guild/clan/what have you, that serves only to further separate and label rennies, into haves and have nots, in crowd and outsiders?

And, furthermore, do we really need to have it stickied?

LadyHawkeontheHill

Quote from: Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman on June 01, 2011, 12:56:41 AM
Do we really need yet another guild/clan/what have you, that serves only to further separate and label rennies, into haves and have nots, in crowd and outsiders?

And, furthermore, do we really need to have it stickied?

Dear Captain CH Duckman;

The M'Cracks gather quite frequently at as many faires as we are able. We enjoy one another's company and we post information that is not only helpful to ourselves but to many others who are also looking for information on accomodations and a place where we can all meet and get to know one another outside of faire. The only way this "separates" us from anyone is the fun we have naming ourselves with our M'Crack names and as stated earlier, getting to know each other. As a matter of fact, all are welcome to participate and we encourage just that. We have a system that facilitates meeting countless people who frequent faires and many of us, if not all, have made boatloads of friends and acquaintances whom we might not have otherwise met without our M'Crack system. We are quite a large group too. There are hundreds of M'Cracks that stretch from Texas to up and down the east coast.  This will be our first gathering at MIRF and we are looking forward to a great time. I cordially invite you to come and join us! It in no way means you have to join, but I'm sure you would have as good a time as we know we will. And as far as having a sticky, our forum admin has always been graciously accomodating to us.

Most Sincerely,

Shutterin' M'Crack, M'Crack regional director for clan O'Quinn (Ohio, Indiana, Michigan)
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member