News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wichita's Great Plains renfest

Started by Delireus, December 23, 2010, 09:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delireus

I know this is for the Kansas renfest, but seeing as how the 'smaller midwest faires' board doesn't get much action, I thought I'd ask here. (I did make this post there too, however) The Great Plains renfest in Wichita is planned for April 16th and 17th, 2011 - http://www.greatplainsrenfest.com/

It's about 2 hours from me and I'll be going for the first time. Is anyone planning to attend? Has anyone been before?
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Dinobabe

I would LOVE to!
I found out that the faire is in the park across from the house I grew up in!  Of course, we had moved before the faire started. ::)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Delireus

- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Duke of Remington

Will anyone be attending the Fall Great Plains Festival? I went last year for the first time and had a blast!!
Your grace will not surrender to thine enemies.

Delireus

- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

kcdcchef

Duke of Remington

I will be there on the 9th with about 7 or 8 people all in garb!! It should be awesome. We are staying saturday night at La Quinta off of 235. Rooms right now are only $64.
Your grace will not surrender to thine enemies.

Delireus

Great! I'll see you there then  ;D I can't decide what outfit I'll wear, but I will be with a furry pirate! My friend has made an amazing wolf fur suit and she's going as a pirate. Last year she was a lion and we saw 3 foxes, one was in a kilt. We're just going for Sunday though, driving there and back to Manhattan in one day :P see ya there!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Delireus

So it looks like it may rain this weekend. I'm not sure if I'm coming then, as it is a 2 hour drive both ways. I think we're going to wait till the morning of Sunday to really decide, based on the precipitation percentage. Here's hoping!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

kcdcchef

isnt this the faire Musical Blades are also doing in 2011?

Delireus

Hmm, I'm not sure and nor will I be because with a 50% chance of rain, we won't be going :( Maybe in the Spring I will!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is