News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The count down starts!

Started by Adriana Rose, January 01, 2011, 03:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanda

I've had three Faire dreams thus far, and I"m still 79 days out until my Faire this year.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Nighthawk

Let's see... I had the Colorado Tartan Day festival last weekend, my living history group is presenting at a writer's conference in Colorado (in garb of course!) 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm going to the Timberlane Farm May Day festival in Loveland after the writers conference, the weekend after that is the Fort Lupton Heritage Days festival... And then I have some time to recover before CoRF's Celtic Fling weekend! No more jonesing for me...

Francisco Paula

I know the feeling nighthawk

This weekend i have starfest where i will be playing victorian, steampunk and pirate at some point this weekend. Still need to go see the pirate exhibit at the museum. Have a steampunk/victorian photoshoot in manitou springs. May 2nd i am taking a class at tandy on making sheaths to make one for a sword and knife. May 21st i have the Ill Repute camping trip at cherry creek if you want to come join us. Then corf/

Nighthawk

Quote from: Sir Garath on April 15, 2011, 10:29:02 AM
I know the feeling nighthawk

This weekend i have starfest where i will be playing victorian, steampunk and pirate at some point this weekend. Still need to go see the pirate exhibit at the museum. Have a steampunk/victorian photoshoot in manitou springs. May 2nd i am taking a class at tandy on making sheaths to make one for a sword and knife. May 21st i have the Ill Repute camping trip at cherry creek if you want to come join us. Then corf/

Star Fest is this weekend?!?! dangnubbit!! Oh well... Can't do everything.

What's Ill Repute?

Merlin

Quote from: Tanda on April 14, 2011, 04:26:09 PM
I've had three Faire dreams thus far, and I"m still 79 days out until my Faire this year.

Well....come to my faire at Scarby ! !

I'm coming to yours for the Rendezvous on July 2 and 3 !
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Merlin the Elder

Hush, Junior! You'll scare the poor lassie!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Nighthawk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 15, 2011, 04:52:57 PM

Could be worse, mate. At least I didn't invite her to stay in me yurt. I get a wee bit lonely, what with not but sheep fer company...

Tanda

Ren-devous is my faire this year.  That's my only weekend all year. I don't have a home faire anymore. Montana is apparently too...something...to have faires. But, I will totally see you at CoRF July 2 and 3! Only 77 days ( I think)
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Rani Zemirah

If Montana had a good Faire I would probably want to live there again!  It's soooo beautiful...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Blushing

Quote from: Nighthawk on April 15, 2011, 06:11:19 PM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 15, 2011, 04:52:57 PM

Could be worse, mate. At least I didn't invite her to stay in me yurt. I get a wee bit lonely, what with not but sheep fer company...

Baaaaaaaaaaad Scot!

Tanda ... "home faire" doesn't have to mean the faire where you live.  my home faire is in Southern California.  That's where I started this wild and crazy ride, and I do try to make it there every year.  And faire friends and fairemily tend to stick with you even when you move.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Nighthawk

Quote from: Blushing on April 16, 2011, 12:42:55 AM

Baaaaaaaaaaad Scot!

Bring me my whiskey, mother.
I'm feeling friskey, mother.
Bring me a sheep, for I am lonely tonight.

;D

CapnJack

:o

Oh dear, he's onto Scotland Depraved now... Heaven help us...

Haha, in any case I've actually had a fair quantity of faire dreams lately too.  But like... weird and unsettling faire dreams.  Dreams about going back and having the place be completely different... different and... I dunno, bad.  It's almost scary.  Like Sauruman taking over the Shire...

Still, it does seem a little like this could be the case, as practically none of the folks I used to work with will be working with me anymore... I'm afraid it'll be like coming back to your own house but the furniture is all moved around... or... something...
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

CapnJack

Oh yeah, and the "Ill Repute" to which Sir Garath is referring is actually the "Pirates of Ill Repute."  That being the smallish, somewhat informal pirate group I run.  We gots lotsa stuff coming up before faire :)
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Nighthawk

Quote from: CapnJack on April 20, 2011, 10:49:52 PM
Oh yeah, and the "Ill Repute" to which Sir Garath is referring is actually the "Pirates of Ill Repute."  That being the smallish, somewhat informal pirate group I run.  We gots lotsa stuff coming up before faire :)

Well, I'm not a pirate, but do you mind if I join in the fun, anyway?

Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"