News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faires In Washington?

Started by Lady Neysa, June 10, 2008, 09:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Neysa

Not sure if this is the right place for this, moderators, move if need be.
I'm going to be in Washington state in the Sequim/ Port Angeles area from June 27-July 10. Does anyone know of any faires close to the area during this time frame?

Elennare

Sadly, I don't think so.   :(  The only one I know of that's "close" (~2 hours away) is the Washington Renaissance Fantasy Faire in Gig Harbor, but it's not until August.  There are a couple of faires in that time period, but they're all on the eastern side of the state and thus 5+ hours away.

It also looks like there was a faire in Port Angeles, but all the references I can find to it are from past years, so that one may have died out.

Maybe someone who's lived in Washington longer than I can provide some more information, or know about a faire I don't, but that's all the information I've been able to find.
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Escarlata

Elennare, I'm guessing the two faires you reference are the Northwest Renaissance Faire in Spokane and Ye Merrie Greenwood Faire in Richland. Those are the only two I have found for the FaireNews calendar also.

Lady Neysa, it's too bad you're not going to be there a week later. The Mediterranean Fantasy Festival will be in West Seattle and Camlann Medieval Village will hold their Summer Festival in Carnation the weekend of July 19/20. Both of those are just at 100 miles, but in both cases you're looking at about 3 hours travel time anyway due to ferry crossings.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Lady Neysa

Thanks for the input anyway!  It would have been nice to experience a different faire, but I guess I'll just have to "settle for"  the stunning WA scenery instead.  ;)

Escarlata

Lady Neysa, It's not what you were looking for but I just came across something you might find interesting. Tacoma is having a Tall Ship Festival July 3-7. Looks like it's about a 2 hour trip, don't know if that's reasonable for you or not. Anyway, you can find more info at Tacoma Tall Ships 2008
Esc be no lady!

Lady Neysa

Oooooooh, thank you Escarlata!!!  This sounds fabulous!  I don't have any pyrate garb though, darn it! Ah well, gotta pack light anyway..
At some point we'll be heading down to Bremerton, so this might actually be doable.
THANKS!!!!

Escarlata

*grinning* You're welcome. I checked the website, they didn't say anything about doing a pirate festival in conjunction with it, though I expect there'll be pirates about *chuckling* aren't there always, garbed or not.

ohhh, the water at Bremerton as the ferry comes in, it looks like liquid malachite
Esc be no lady!

LadyFaire88

Two things:

1. The Washington Renaissance Fantasy Faire is now in Belfair

2. There will be people from said faire (in garb of course) at the Tall Ships festival