News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 Plotting

Started by Becky10, January 03, 2011, 12:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becky10

So 2011 is now upon us and fair is now only 4 months away!

I managed to get some material and am getting ready to make a bodice and some skirts. The old black and gold is just too big to get around and see shows in easily and I havent been doing heat too well. Just bought 3 sets of tickets for the discount price so I'll probably wear it one of those then switch to peasant gear for the other two.
Other positive, it looks like I'll have a hearty little herd coming with me this year. More amazingly they're all guys so it will be interesting seeing if i can get them in garb.

I am hoping for some new shows this year so I am watching the site to see when its updated.

How have you all been planning and plotting?
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

The Lady Mercedes

I too am mixing it up a bit: I have a brown hat w/a feather, off white pucker shirt, brown bodice, green skirt & furry tail hanging off a brown belt for my peasant outfit (so to speak) so far. All I need for it is a tin or pewter cup & a brown leather like pouch for holding my stuff in to hang off the belt too. Maybe some brown, leather looking clog type shoes but I'm debating if those would work. As for my usual, I need a fancier material hat, brown, leather looking mary janes, one of those feather fans, and something to hang the fan & a poppuri censer off my waist. It's coming together little by little; hopefully I'll have all but the fan by faire: I'm hoping to get that there...:)
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Blushing

I might be visiting for more than a single weekend ... and I'm SO excited about that!  Although at this point I'm not sure if anything but my wench garb will fit ... time will tell.  And maybe there is time to put something else together.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Becky10

Nothing like a last minute scramble to put garb together! That's my expertise.

Blushing

Yep ... it's not truly opening cannon unless there's at least some of us scrambling to finish building and sewing!

My piratical garb *might* also be all sorted in time.  I'm hoping anyways.  Always too many projects and NEVER enough time! =)
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Luciana

I may be able to make it to the faire once this year, but there will be no new garb for me. Oh well..
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

The Lady Mercedes

New faire shoes! And maaan are they comfy... ;D I want to go back & get the black pair.

Becky10

Quote from: The Lady Mercedes on January 22, 2011, 03:25:47 AM
New faire shoes! And maaan are they comfy... ;D I want to go back & get the black pair.

I think i may have to make  run down there! My maryjanes are killing me!
I am kind of screwed pay wise right now though, I just put all my money in my account then I ended up breaking my card in half yesterday >.<

The Lady Mercedes

Doh! That sucks! I know the feeling, I once left my card in the atm machine... ::)

Sir Michael Geare

I am fully getting into gear for the start of faire.  My new outfit is fully completed and group rehearsals/practice is now focused on preparing for the first day of faire.  I expect to see all of you there.

Blushing...it will all work out.  We will work out your packng issues and decisions like always.

Becky...i hope you will be able to get your band dressed.  If not, it will be entertaining either way.  Oh the good olde days of being a peasant.

Mercedes...again, it all works out in the end somehow.
'The exercising of weapons puts away aches, griefs, and diseases, it
increases strength, and sharpens the wits.'

The Lady Mercedes

I agree Sir Mike, it does indeed! :)

Becky10

Quote from: Sir Michael Geare on January 31, 2011, 12:35:31 AM
Mercedes...again, it all works out in the end somehow.

Henslowe: Mr. Fennyman, allow me to explain about the theatre business. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.
Fennyman: So what do we do?
Henslowe: Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.
Fennyman: How?
Henslowe: I don't know. It's a mystery.
;D

The Lady Mercedes

Just remembered I really want this to wear w/the dress I'm wearing in my avatar, but no way am I paying that price, so I'm going to attempt a diy as close to it as possible w/gold coloring instead of silver if I can...

Becky10

Oooooo that is so very pretty, i love the color.

Well two things that worry me.
1. Still havent done diddle squat for my new garb and if I wear the big black one again this year I might die...again. Last year you could have found me under a table (in my upper wanna be noble full on hoop dress) drinking olive brine stuff cause the heat killed me. I would like to not do that again so peasant a'hoy!

2. I decided I needed to cut off a lot of my hair. Snood is a no go,  I think I might just wear a felt hat I "acquired" and leave it be. 

So happy faire is almost here!  ;D

The Lady Mercedes

Can't wait to see how it turns out! Ditto, I can't wait either! ;D