News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Missing Acts

Started by Norfolk, January 05, 2011, 09:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

The Baroness and I are looking very much forward to our (more or less) annual visit to Fairhaven this coming Presidents' Weekend.  You all have received us with wondrous friendship in years past.  However, we sadly note the absence of two of our favorite acts from the festival website, i.e., Hey Nunnie Nunnie and Don Juan and Miguel.

Anyone have insight?
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

Neither has updated their websites with 2011 schedules, so I don't know.  Nunnie had been a regular at Scarby until two years ago when they were only given 4 of the 8 weeks, then last year, only a single weekend. Haven't heard if they'll be back this year.

DJ&M will be featured prominently again this year at Scarby.

Seems like a lot of faires are seeing changes in line-ups from what I gather. Some may be management decisions and some may be artists looking for a new audience. I don't know.

Have you heard if Nunnie is returning to Colorado this year?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

"Sometimes" change is good.  One of the things I like about travelling to different festivals is getting exposure to some great acts.  Don Juan and Miguel (will still see them at Scarby) and Hey, Nunnie Nunnie are favorites of ours, too.  I know from my past years of performing, change in landscape is good for the performer too.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Marcos Charron

Well,

If we could get Owian back here to AZ, I would be happy.

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

raevyncait

Seeing as both Doug & Jose call Arizona home, and I think at least Doug has something to do with the actual entertainment coordination at AZ (I know he's involved with it at the Fairhaven in North Carolina), I can't imagine that they wouldn't be at AZ this year, but I could be wrong
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

DonaCatalina

Doug has been suffering through a root canal and hasn't been doing much else. Give them a few days to sort through the post new year's avalanche.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on January 05, 2011, 10:54:34 AM
Have you heard if Nunnie is returning to Colorado this year?

Not yet.  We usually learn the Goode Sisters' itinerary for the season when we see them in AZ.  Nonetheless, we sincerely hope that they will be back in Larkspur this year.

countessmary

I just had a note from Doug.  Don Juan and Miguel will definitely be at Arizona this year.  Same times, same stages.  Didn't get to ask him about the Nunnies, however. 

Mary

Norfolk

Splendid!  Thanks for the good news!

Marcos Charron

Group

Is there a listing of who will be performing this year?, the website for the faire seems not up to date.

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I looked on Hey Nunnie Nunnie site and their schedule shows them at Arizona again.  also at Colorado for the first 3 weekends I believe.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Hate to tell you, Gauwyn, but that's last years schedule.  They haven't put this year on there yet.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on January 24, 2011, 01:41:18 PM
Hate to tell you, Gauwyn, but that's last years schedule.  They haven't put this year on there yet.

It's hard to keep track of the year, given all those missing digits...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Baron on January 24, 2011, 02:34:42 PM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on January 24, 2011, 01:41:18 PM

It's hard to keep track of the year, given all those missing digits...

So it is 2011 already :)

Wine and Alchemy will not be there, so the young squire would not be happy (at least their schedule is updated)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Norfolk

The ARF website has now been updated, and shows both Hey Nunnie Nunnie and Don Juan & Miguel in attendance this year.  The Baroness and I are now more anxious than ever for Presidents' weekend.  HUZZAH!