News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Tulsa Medieval Faire In August

Started by Craigmeister, June 10, 2008, 10:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

I ran across the website for the new Medieval Faire in Tulsa.  The faire will be held on August 16th & 17th.  HUZZAH!  Here's the site:

http://www.kingschampion.com/index.htm

More to come...
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Emerald Shaunassey

Craig,
     Thanks for posting the information.  HUZZAH indeed to have another faire so close to home.  Now if only the dog days of summer will not interfere with it!  :)

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Ottheinrich

Is there anything else in Tulsa to do?

4 hour drive I need to make a long weekend out of it and just curious if some one could recommend something

Emerald Shaunassey

Ottheinrich,
     Tulsa is a majory metropolitan area and there are many things to do.  There is an aquarium in Jenks, air and space museum out near the airport, several museums in and around the metro.  Plenty of hotels/motels to stay in as well.  I do not know what the Performing Arts Center has playing currently but you might do a 'net search for their website and see.

Hope this helps ya out ...
Emerald
She who doesn't reside in Tulsa
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Now if my brother really wanted me to come visit, he'd use this as bait!  'course then I'd have to behave myself...nah that's not gonna work.   ;D
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Craigmeister

The 2 museums that Emerald mentioned are Gilcrease (it has a Western flair) & Philbrook (a traditional museum).  One could also see the plays "Oklahoma" or "7 Brides For 7 Brothers" at Discoveryland.  Jenks has the Riverwalk which has stores, restaurants & a theater.  It's close to the aquarium.  Sapulpa has the Frankoma Pottery store (1 of the oldest in the country) which sometimes has tours. 
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Craigmeister

The faire will be held in Chandler Park - so says today's update on the website.  Chandler Park is on 21st Street, west of the Arkansas River.  This is the same park that the Oklahoma Scottish Games used to be in.  I've been told by the organizers that next year's faire will be in September.

The headlining act will be a pirate show.  More info to come.

This weekend will be mild for August.  The highs will be in the low 90's.  Extended forecasts bring another cool front through here in the middle of next week...

www.kingschampion.com

BLAKDUKE

Is this their first year.   They mention Jousting but show no names of the performers.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Craigmeister

This is indeed the first year for this faire.  I've corresponded w/ some of the organizers.  Their webmaster has been having server problems this summer.  They have also tried to get their faire listed on renfaire.com & faires.com but have received no replies from those websites.

I don't know who the jousting troupe is.  You could probably find out by sending a message to the organizers.  They've replied quickly to my questions.

I do know that there will be a strolling minstrel at the faire who is not listed on the website.  He's pretty good and has had some of his music on the Renaissance podcast.  His website is http://fugli.multiply.com/

BLAKDUKE

Well I threw my crown into the ring and offered to come as the royalty for next year.  I also sent pictures so they will consider it.  I mentioed jousting but have not heard back on that yet.   Their web site mentiones jousting but nothing about who.  If you find out let me know.

Fugli

(It's so hard to figure out if we're Southern or Mid Western.)

See y'all there,
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Emerald Shaunassey

Fugli - I know what you mean hon.  I totally forgot about this thread going when I posted my announcement under the other section (MidWest).   :-[

Do come out and join m'self and m' crew as we'll be performing both days of this new faire.

See you there!
Emerald

Craigmeister

Come to the faire.  I went today & had a splendid time.  There was good harp & flute music, almost nonstop ground melees as well as comedy provided by 'The Ladies Of The Salty Kiss'.  The weather was phenomenal!  It was in the low 80's & mostly cloudy.  That's great weather for any month in Oklahoma.  Tomorrow promises more of the same.

So all of you in & around northeast Oklahoma, come on & see this new faire on Sunday.  There's lots to do & no entry fee.

Emerald Shaunassey

Well, the faire has come and gone.  The weather today was just as good as yesterday's.  The breeze died down at the end of the day - so we didn't roast like we could have.  Next year's dates have been picked and they will be in SEPTEMBER!!!  The folks in charge are going to try their darndest to keep Tulsa Med Faire FREE admission and are hoping to scare up more financial supporters over the next year.  They are so very serious about this event that their first planning meeting is slated for this coming Wednesday.  Definately a fun lil' event and Chandler park has wonderful views and lots of room to grow in.  It also provides a much needed faire fix for those who cannot travel to other faires in the country at this time of year.  I consider myself very lucky to have been one of the many first year performers at this faire and look forward to next year's event with anticipation.

Craig - it was truly a pleasure to meet you and yours!  Glad we could be of assistance with the sister-in-law's boyfriend - he is a hoot!  Here's to seeing you again down the road at Bristow in September!

Fair Winds
Emerald

BLAKDUKE

Did anyone know who the jousting troupe was????????

The Blakduke