News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What do you expect to buy at faire this year?

Started by DonaCatalina, January 07, 2011, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

I have no specific target this year, but I suspect the Baroness may have other ideas.    :o
Just call me "Your Grace"

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

BagPipeBabe

Athena

I'm already making a list and saving up for it. I want a black leather pouch, another patchwork skirt from the Silver Squirrel in autumn colors, and a riding hat from the Blonde Swan.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Delireus

Oh, i would die for a hat from the blonde swan! I just would like to try one on first before I buy, sooo i guess I'd need to make a trip to one of the faires they work at.

But this past season, minutes after I spent my last 40$, I found some wings from Fairy Winks at TRF for the same price! I have vowed to rush to them after the gates open and buy a pair to wear around next year. I really hope to get a skirt from DitD at the Oklahoma Medieval faire in a few months as well. Other than that, a nice feather hat pin would be a plus too.
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

cowgrrl

I always get a piece from the chainmaille vendor at Scarby.  I'm also looking at buying a very simple Rhagdoll for a friend who is pregnant.  Other than that:

-new bodice
-something from Grichels (perhaps a purse)
-Fiery Faire (didn't get to reload at TRF so we're running low)
-Garlic Festival stuff

Molden

Looking to upgrade the leather pouch I wear on me belt this year.

I'll be looking for Christmas gifts for friends and family in the coming year. Everybody loved the marshmallow siege machines and candles from Royal Candle Maker.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Bob of the Lake

I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Auryn

A turkey leg and kettle corn for sure.
Besides that probably nothing, finances are crazy tight this year.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

KeeperoftheBar

I need a hat.  It has to have a brim to keep the sun out of my eyes, and needs to keep the rain off my head.  It needs to keep me cool when it's warm and warm when it's cool.  In short, I need a magic hat.
I wonder if Queen Bonnie can conjure one for me?
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

dbaldock

The band circa Paleo has been working on a new 2-CD album, which I believe will be available in February & March during their performances at Sherwood Forest Faire.  I'm planning to buy a couple of those albums.   :D

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

brier patch charlie

I'm not sure what big ticket item is on hand for this year, but last year at TRF I bought a Buffalo hide. I would like to get a new pair of Brogans. Now if I can fined someone at farie that sales them!
Charles Coleman

Zardoz

Quote from: dbaldock on January 12, 2011, 07:21:08 AM
The band circa Paleo has been working on a new 2-CD album, which I believe will be available in February & March during their performances at Sherwood Forest Faire.  I'm planning to buy a couple of those albums.   :D

Me too!  ;D

Plus Beer and Kettle Corn!   ;)

"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Welsh Wench

I don't know what I will find but when I do, guaranteed it was made for me!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Dinobabe

Quote from: brier patch charlie on January 12, 2011, 07:28:10 PM
I'm not sure what big ticket item is on hand for this year, but last year at TRF I bought a Buffalo hide. I would like to get a new pair of Brogans. Now if I can fined someone at farie that sales them!

If we're thinking of the same thing you can get brogans at Civil War sutlers.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com