News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Around the world and back again

Started by Captain Teague, June 01, 2011, 01:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Teague

Well, we are home safe and sound.
We came, we saw, and we had a great time. Showed at the first pre-cannon meet, Milady shared some of her scones and we got to meet a few of you great folks.  ;D
Milady lost her argument with the heat and became ill around 3 PM saturday. The carriage said it was 98 at that time and someone told me the heat index was around 110 as well.

Under my orders, we came dane Sunday and later, close to cannon. She did well, nearly all day under my watchful Mother Hen eye.... ;)

Monday we tried once again in garb (and caught the tail end of the pre-cannon meet ), but the heat rose more quickly than the first two days and we left a little early as well. Marching in the Veterans parade for a mile in open sun didn't do me all that well either, but I would do it over in a heartbeat. :D

Was wonderful to meet all of you we could, and hope to do it again sometime. ;D  Hopefully she will get some photos up to share soon.
The Code is the Law...

DonaCatalina

Thank you for visiting our Faire. It was lovely to meet you both.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the heat.  ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Kett

It was wonderful to meet you and I'm glad you two had fun, even if the heat was off the charts.

Hope to see you again sometime soon!

DonaCatalina

Looking forward to seeing both of you again!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

I have it on good authority—me—that they will be in attendance on the second weekend...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...