News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hey! Did you know about...?

Started by Queen Margaret, May 17, 2010, 10:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

They served that brat last year at the preview event... I thought it was good enough to go back for at faire! I really liked it.  I think that's called the Queen's Kitchen there.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

lys1022

Quote from: Hercules on March 17, 2011, 08:04:00 AM
Fish and Chips is good and the young lady that works there is seductively hysterical.

There is also a food vendor over by where Iris and Rose perform. For the life of me I can't remember their name but through-out the faire they will have special plates. On the advice of a vendor we got their brat plate. That had to be the BEST brats I'd had in forever.

One of the magic parts about these faires is no two days are ever alike. Always new adventures.

That is the German booth, which is between the Pasta Palace and the French booth.  All of those are owned by Victor, I believe.  Excellent food at any of the three, really.  The Pasta Palace and the German booth have new specials every weekend, and Victor cooks most of his food from scratch with good quality ingredients.

Another couple of things that caught on last season were the new pretzel-wrapped sausage and the habit of making a cheesesteak sandwich from the Steak on a Stake and the Cheese Bread from the French booth.
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Your Grace

Quote from: lys1022 on March 17, 2011, 02:22:34 PM
Quote from: Hercules on March 17, 2011, 08:04:00 AM
Fish and Chips is good and the young lady that works there is seductively hysterical.

There is also a food vendor over by where Iris and Rose perform. For the life of me I can't remember their name but through-out the faire they will have special plates. On the advice of a vendor we got their brat plate. That had to be the BEST brats I'd had in forever.

One of the magic parts about these faires is no two days are ever alike. Always new adventures.

That is the German booth, which is between the Pasta Palace and the French booth.  All of those are owned by Victor, I believe.  Excellent food at any of the three, really.  The Pasta Palace and the German booth have new specials every weekend, and Victor cooks most of his food from scratch with good quality ingredients.

Another couple of things that caught on last season were the new pretzel-wrapped sausage and the habit of making a cheesesteak sandwich from the Steak on a Stake and the Cheese Bread from the French booth.

The pretzel-wrapped sausage are the best! ;D
1st Duke of Somerset

DonaCatalina

I definitely will be back for salmon at the fish & chips shop. That's a food you don't get at just any fair.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

We'll be a Scarby for an unprecedented 3 weekends this year. I'm going to be test-driving some of these delicacies this year!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

SirRichardBear

crab cakes and the fired mac and cheese at the place next to the Sea Hag stage is great,
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

bookwench

The crab cakes are quite tasty.  Haven't tried the mac n cheese yet *adds to list of things to try*
"I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch." -G. Radner