News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A visit to yer fest

Started by Lady Toadflinger, January 09, 2011, 10:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Toadflinger

Ahoy! A few o' us from Northern California have a chance ta visit yer Faire this year! I am hopin' some of ye kin giv' us some info about a place ta stay an' what kind a' weather ta expect, etc... if we do come, it'll be on President's Day weekend.  Any special events planned fer then?
keeper of the royal menagerie

Marcos Charron

Lady TF

Well the weather can very from biting weed puller cold to unseasonably warm, so best to check the weather 10 days out for a better idea. As for where to stay, how many in your company, and what is your price range?, as for special events, the 4th annual French Breakfast will be held by the Marqis du Chandler, Comte du Gilbert and myself Viscomte du Arcadia on the Sat morning before cannon, coffee, crossiant and other goodies will be available for you and your company, just look for us in the VIP parking area, we are not hard to miss.

Feel free to pm me here for more information,

laissez le bon pain de périodes!
Viscomte du Arcadia
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Lady Toadflinger

Thar be three in our boardin' party, meself an' me daughter an' her fee-an-cee. We'd be happy with a berth with two queen beds, fer aroun' $100. (don' want top o' tha line, nor a berth in tha bottom of the hold!) Heres hopin' we kin git ta yer breakfast!

Marcos Charron

Lady TF

Ok, try, this link, http://www.travbuddy.com/Arizona-Renaissance-Festival-v289742

it will lead you to a menu and you can compare by price and location.

à la votre
Viscomte du Arcadia

Fairietink

It'll be great to have you. A friend of mine plays Shakespeare at one of the Northern Ca faires.
Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter, Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner

crazyrennie

Once inside come on by the Falconers' Heath and say HI

Crazy

Lady Toadflinger

Thank ye fer tha info! Is Mesa a good place ta look fer a hotel? I seems ta be close by.

Marcos Charron

Lady TF

Mesa or Apache Junction would both suit your needs.

Viscomte

Lady Toadflinger

Harr! I have obtained reservations fer a berth in Mesa, so thars no turnin' back now! Me next chore is ta decide what garb ta pack in me duffle, an' which ship ta take on this journey. Decisions, decisions!
Hope ta see ye all soon!

Lady Toadflinger

Got me ship picked out, an' preparin' it fer a longish voyage.(12-13 hours of pretty borin' scenery!) Made me a new chemise of a modest red hue, so as ta look me best fer the upcomin' visit, an' counted out some gold pieces fer tippin'. We're all lookin' forward ta pillagin' at a different Fest/Faire!!! Yarrgh!

Marcos Charron

Lady TF

We will do a "pre-pillage" inspection for you this weekend and report back.

Marcos

Lady Toadflinger

Now that's the way ta welcome visitin' Pirates!

Marcos Charron

Lady TF,

We aim to please.

Marcos

crazyrennie

Lady TF,
I please to aim!
Crazy

Marcos Charron

Lady TF

All is well for your visit, bring rain gear as we have a chance of the wet stuff for the weekend.

Marcos

Lady Toadflinger

Thanks fer that warnin'.  Is it likely ta be blustery, or jest rainy? I be hopin' ye have lots o' shelter available, unlike our faires, since we rarely have ta contend wit rain. (Once or twice we had snow at the Celtic Faire, tho! ) See ye soon.

Marcos Charron

Lady TF,

Rig for both rain and bluster, desert storms can be unpredictable.

Marcos

Lady Toadflinger

Well, we set forth on the morrow, early in the morn. I'll be glad ta leave the foul weather we be havin'! (snow an' rain mixed with sun an' wind) We won't be able ta be at the Faire on Sat, on account o' family obligations. We will be there on Sun an' possibly Mon.  The internet forecasts say the weather should be better those two days. Hope they isn't wrong! See ya!

Norfolk

Lady Toadflinger,

I know not which internet sites you have consulted, but all the one's I have seen show approximately the same:

Sat:  67 degrees/50% rain chance
Sun:  54 degrees/60% rain chance
Mon:  61 degrees/partly cloudy

That indicates to me that Sunday might be the better day to consider staying indoors.  So, if your plans are adjustable, you might wish to commence adjusting.

Cheers,

Baron von Schaumburg

PS:  There is, however, a reason why I habitually refer to these folks as "weather guessers". 

Just call me "Your Grace"

Marcos Charron

Lad TF, Baron et al,

According to the local weather soothsayer, rain on Sat afternoon, into the evening, clear and cool on Sun and Mon.

Marcos

Norfolk

Quote from: Marcos Charron on February 17, 2011, 07:31:21 PM
Lad TF, Baron et al,

According to the local weather soothsayer, rain on Sat afternoon, into the evening, clear and cool on Sun and Mon.

Marcos

My recommendation to all:  Hope for the best; prepare for the worst.    ;)
Just call me "Your Grace"

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Baron on February 17, 2011, 10:08:38 PM
Quote from: Marcos Charron on February 17, 2011, 07:31:21 PM
Lad TF, Baron et al,

Marcos

My recommendation to all:  Hope for the best; prepare for the worst.    ;)

That is what the Boy Scout in me would say :) (and the pessimistic optimism or optimistic pessimism M'Lady accuses me of  :o
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

crazyrennie

Breaking out the cloaks-
oh well I can wear the kilt another day

Marcos Charron

Quote from: crazyrennie on February 18, 2011, 09:02:50 AM
Breaking out the cloaks-
oh well I can wear the kilt another day

Brother!

Wear the kilt with the cloak!

Marcos

Lady Toadflinger

Well, I am finally recoverin' from the sail back from AZ! Sailin' over mountain passes wit' a cold is no fun. (even fer a tough Pirate!) We loved yer fest, tho' we didn't see much of it on Sunday. Ye have AMAZIN' temp drops in such  short times!!! We jest went back on Mon, an' enjoyed the fest then. What beautiful grounds ye have, and such fyne vendors! I fell in love with the leather work of the artist responsible fer "Grichels- a wrinkle in reality". (leather articles with eerie faces and one or two taxidermy eyes) We met a few fellow Pirates an' saw a few shows.  The turkey legs were outstanding! I hope we kin make it back ta yer fest another time!

Marcos Charron

Lady TF,

And we hope you can come back as well.

(I told you to rig for foul weather!)

Marcos