News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Deerfield Beach opening day

Started by iain robb, January 14, 2011, 12:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain robb

We're about one month out from opening day at Deerfield Beach, and I wanted to see who -- besides my wife and I -- was planning to be there. We'll be there Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 12 and 13.

Anyone else?

Auryn

My rogue and I will definitely be there for opening cannon on saturday. We have a season pass and only live 25 minutes away so we will be visiting at least one day every weekend.

Not sure how long we will be there on opening saturday though since we might have a volleyball tournament to play in.

We would love to meet up with anyone on the board and make some new ren friends.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

iain robb

Quote from: Auryn on January 20, 2011, 12:58:08 PM
We would love to meet up with anyone on the board and make some new ren friends.

As would we! Faire is fun, but faire with friends is funner, and faire with new friends is funnerer.

As the day gets closer, let's figure out a place to meet before opening canon, and in the meantime, hope some others join in.

Auryn

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Lady Kett

Assuming I make my case strongly enough with the city muncipal court that I indeed did book my travel on 1/15, which was before I received my jury summons (dated 1/14 and delivered 1/19), me and my trusty Sidekick will be there for opening weekend.

And I want to go to the museum exhibit Auryn posted about too! We plan on staying thru Wednesday, so any other "don't miss touristy" sorts of suggestions are most welcome.

Looking forward to seeing Iain and his lovely wife again and meet a few more of you!

So, God willing and the court being compassionate, we will be there! [squee!]

iain robb

That would be wonderful, Lady Kett! I don't know about your locale, but the courts in our county are extremely accommodating when people ask for delays in jury duty, as opposed to asking to be excused.

I travel so much for work, that after the second delay they called me to make an "appointment" to serve. I appreciated the opportunity.

iain robb

Well, if anyone else does happen to attend opening day in Deerfield Beach, please say hi!

I'm not sure yet what kilt I'll be wearing, but I'll definitely be in a kilt and wearing an R/F pin. My wife and will likely arrive before opening cannon, so if you're an early bird as well that may be a good time and place to find us.

Otherwise, you really can't go wrong saying hi to every man in a kilt. You may find someone even better to meet than me!

iain robb

It was a wonderful opening day. Several acts seemed to be having sound problems, and it was a bit chilly, but my wife and I had a grand time.

I would not rate Cinderella as highly as Musical Macbeth, but it was still quite entertaining and I am very glad we went to see it.

We'll be back Sunday!

Auryn

iain
I am sorry we missed you guys.
We were there on saturday at about noon. We waited for the rain to subside and staid till about 3:30.

What did you think of the change in the jousting field??
We hate it and everyone we talked to did also.

I hope you had a great weekend.

Lady Kett

We had a blast! Didn't see the joust, but saw a lot of the shows and picked up some desk sized catapults to annoy my co-workers with!

iain robb

I too am sorry that we missed you. We had a wonderful weekend. We saw Lady Kett and her Sidekick quite a bit. The only bizarre part was needing my Inverness cape all day Saturday, and to having to take the sleeves off my doublet by noon Saturday!

I did not like the new layout quite as well as I liked previous years, but we completely missed all the jousting both days so I can't really comment on how the layout affected that. I will say the jousting field seemed so out of the way that I wasn't even positive how to get there -- if that's what you mean.

But the acts we saw were wonderful. That's one of the things I like about FLARF -- the variety of acts. We also noticed that we tend to buy more at FLARF than we do at BARF. But then again, we bought more on our visits to Scarby and Maryland as well, probably because it's stuff we haven't seen at "home."

Auryn

I am glad you both had a wonderful time :).

Iain, maybe we can meet up when we trek up to Barf in March.

Lady Kett, a marshmallow catapult is in my future this season as well, i love those things.

iain robb

I hope so. Are you coming for St. Molden's Day?

iain robb

I've posted some photos from opening weekend and a link to more in the Faire Photos section ...

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=14478.0

Auryn

Cool, Ill go check them out.

When is St.Molden's day at BARF and what is happening that day??