News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A few little offseason prjects...

Started by Nighthawk, January 15, 2011, 02:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighthawk

The first is a flask I made for a buddy of mine. The initials are CC. He's a Cunningham. I really wanted to do his clan crest, but there just wasn't enough space for the detail, and my first attempt looked abysmal, so I went with this:

Second, I was in Hobby Lobby, and they had their frames on sale for half off, sitting alongside frame mats! So I thought "Hey! Now there's an interesting idea!!" So I bought 2 frames and one mat for a pattern. Here's what I came up with:

The first one is for my friend Danny and his wife. The runes are their last name.

And there is a little bit of a back story this. Every year, my living history group have a holiday party 2 weeks after New Year. We have a white elephant gift exchange. My wife and kinda stiffed Danny in last years white elephant gift exchange, and I've felt a little bad about it ever since, so I plan on giving this to them tomorrow night, outside of the gift exchange. That way they can't get stiffed again...

This one is actually for tomorrow nights gift exchange:

So it's entirely possible that someone will get stiffed again... but it ain't gonna be Danny!!

So what do you all think? Are the frame mats something the Ren Fest crowd might be interested in? I've been trying to expand my portfolio a bit, and I like those a lot and think they're really unique.

WindChime

I really like the frames. I like the flask too, but I really like the frames. It would be something everyone could see everyday not just at faire.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Nighthawk

Quote from: WindChime on January 15, 2011, 11:23:42 PM
I really like the frames. I like the flask too, but I really like the frames. It would be something everyone could see everyday not just at faire.
Well, I am happy to report that the frames went over well. Turned out, the friend and his wife for whom the darker one was intended are expecting, and announced it at our party! So the timing was absolutely perfect! The lighter brown one started a small war among the participants of the white elephant gift exchange...  ;D I was proud to be a harbinger of chaos.