News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Middlefaire - near Hillsboro, Texas

Started by DonaCatalina, June 11, 2008, 06:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Shaunassey

Thank you for the information ladies, it is greatly appreciated!
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

genasguy

If you're willing to get away from the interstate, there are some worthwhile places in H'sboro.  There's an absolutely lovely family owned Italian place right on the courthouse square, which actually makes it much closer to the faire site than most places.  There's a Chinese buffet on the far side of the interstate which is basically decent- several of the R'folk from the faire have gone there in groups on occasion, after the gates close at the faire.  As a general rule, you have to get further away from the faire proper for more of the chain restaurants, but this being a small town, it's never really too far.
Well, I was there,  and there wasn't much of anybody else there, and well...it just seemed a good idea at the time...

LadyMorna

I just found out about this faire from Ryk, and I can't wait to go!  I understand the Brobdingnagian Bards will be there...is that confirmed for this year yet?  I have once again taken up playing the autoharp, and I adore their music, and hope to get to meet them.  I'm also looking forward to seeing the Ladies of the Salty Kiss again, as well as Dona Catalina and Blackbead!  This news shook me out of my post-Scarby doldrums and has given me something to get excited about again!  I don't know if Sir Marcas and I will be able to make it to TRF this year, so having another faire close by will help me get my Ren fix!

Lady Morna
Mistress of Castle Conundrum
and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

Quote from: DonaCatalina on July 17, 2008, 08:53:38 AM
So who's planning on going?
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

texanromaniac

My liege and I will most likely be attending at least one day of faire at Middlefaire...as it is close to home. We haven't been to Middlefaire yet, but are hoping to see it grow, as it and Scarby are a lot closer to home (and therefore easier on the pocketbook!!) than TRF and others further south or further east!!

That's not to say that we won't be attempting a weekend of TRF every year, but the closer faires are definately easier to attend more often!!

DonaCatalina

Quote from: texanromaniac on August 11, 2008, 10:48:07 AM

That's not to say that we won't be attempting a weekend of TRF every year, but the closer faires are definately easier to attend more often!!

I'm with you there! That's why I really hope this Faire succeeds.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: LadyMorna on August 08, 2008, 02:07:53 PM
I just found out about this faire from Ryk, and I can't wait to go!  I understand the Brobdingnagian Bards will be there...is that confirmed for this year yet?  I have once again taken up playing the autoharp, and I adore their music, and hope to get to meet them.  I'm also looking forward to seeing the Ladies of the Salty Kiss again, as well as Dona Catalina and Blackbead!  This news shook me out of my post-Scarby doldrums and has given me something to get excited about again!  I don't know if Sir Marcas and I will be able to make it to TRF this year, so having another faire close by will help me get my Ren fix!

Lady Morna
Mistress of Castle Conundrum
and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

Lady Morna,
     It will be wonderful to see you and Sir Marcus again!  Will Ryk be joining us?  I and the crew are looking forward to performing for the first time at this faire and .... Garnet will be able to make the drive up from Houston to perform with us - an added bonus in my books!  We shall have to all go out to supper together to sit and visit!

Fair Winds
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

LadyMorna

I do believe Ryk and his lady plan on attending Middlefaire.

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

DonaCatalina

Quote from: LadyMorna on August 12, 2008, 08:54:43 PM
I do believe Ryk and his lady plan on attending Middlefaire.

Lady Morna

I'm looking forward to seeing you all again!
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

genasguy

"The Middlefaire Renaissance and Medieval Festival will be Sept. 27-28 and October 4-5, 2008.

Admission to the faire will be $12 Adults, $5 for Children.
Hours will be 11 AM to 7 PM Saturday and 11 AM to 6 PM on Sunday.

Christmas Fest will be held on December 13-14, 2008."

Just one update regarding the Christmas Fest.  At least for this year, it has been canceled, to be replaced with a one-evening Christmas feast.  The Christmas weekend wasn't well publicized or attended last year, with the exception of the feast.  For this year at least, there will be just the dinner, as that was what most people commented on then.
Middlefaire itself will also have an after-hours feast on closing night.
Well, I was there,  and there wasn't much of anybody else there, and well...it just seemed a good idea at the time...

alyria stargazer

I was hoping to make it out first weekend but looks like the killer gas prices have struck again. Now I just Hope I can make it to TRF sometime this season... :( I really want to go check out Middle Faire, I have heard only good about it so some one drink something tasty and think of me ;)

Alyria
We are the Music Makers and we are the Dreamers of Dreams...
Mistress of Serendipity Haven..
Guppy No. 64.

DonaCatalina

Middlefaire

Imagine my surprise when I finally go to the website.......
and there I am!  :o
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Blackbead

Make sure ye all stop by "Pirate's Alley" this year!

And come see "The Brotherhood of the Gulf" playing on stage!

And make sure that ye get involved in both of the trivia contests!!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Captain Jack Daniels

Black Pearl Leather & Finery will also be at Middlefaire for the first time. We will be on pirate's alley so please come see us!

Captain Jack Daniels
Black Pearl Leather & Finery
www.myspace.com/renningtogether
Co-Owner, Black Pearl Leather & Finery

Elkyn

Alas, the family and I won't be making out Middlefaire this year.  We were there on both the inaugral year as well as it's second year, but I'm putting my wife through college right now and, as much as it pains us, ye olde budget, just can't handle the faire.  The sacrifice will be totally worth it but, we'll be pretty much MIA (from both Scarby and Middlefaire) for the next two years. :( :'( 
But, absence doth make the heart grow fonder and I'm sure we'll return with a whole new appreciation for both Scarby and MF.  Besides, it'll be fascinating to see how much has changed/evolved at both faires over that period. :)

Y'all have fun and we'll see you on the other side.

I'll still hang out here though and live vicariously through you guys. ;D

Blackbead

Ahoy, mates! 

Here be something new, a song from Blackbead and the bard of the Adventure, Kenny Sanders.  With any luck, fair winds, and a bit of effort, the song will be sung to an audience for the first time at Middlefaire, September 27.  If ye have a mind, come join us for a sing-a-long!  If ye be a pirate, then this may be your meat!

God Take The King!

Ye ask me why I sail the seas beneath a flag stained black,
Why I risk both life and limb and take the pirate track?
The answer is an easy one, a song I love to sing,
After years of his bloody taxes, I've come to hate the king!

I bear the marks upon me back of scratches from his cat:
Too many times I've come up short when 'is Majesty passed the hat.
Between his taxes and me debts I were stretched as thin as a blade
But it doesn't change me hate one bit that this bed is one I made.

O-o-o, God Take the King!
O-o-o, God Take the King!
My countrymen, they may choose another song to sing,
But as for me, and forever more, I say, GOD TAKE THE KING!

That's just the first stanza and the chorus.  Come out and sing with us at Middlefaire!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."