News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

"Green Tent" Aspects?

Started by Craigmeister, January 25, 2011, 11:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on January 26, 2011, 07:44:48 PM
Mirrors, that's a good one. Private performer-only toilets (extra large for the hoop skirt crowd) would be nice too for sites that dont have flushers. I always hate having to break that certain image when standing in line with patrons for the potty.
*sigh*  It would be nice to have a private, clean handicapped sized Portapotty available for hoop skirts and costume changes at every faire, regardless of the availability of flushies.   Public use restrooms tend to get gross really quick.  I have yet to attend a single faire with a flushing privy that didn't have a backed up toilet somewhere, and  I hate dragging dry clean only hems over wet messes on the floor. 
  A Cheval (or other full length) mirror, small makeup mirror on a table, and a bucket for ice to stick water bottles in.  Oh, and a decent sized reasonably safe place to stash extra stuff/supplies/meds.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Queen Maggie

Dressing areas, and 'cubbies' or hanging rods for costumes, someone there all the time so it's safe to leave personal items backstage. You provide food, but many faires don't, and I always want someplace to leave my cooler, my cloak after it warms up, my hat if it's raining. I hate having to dress out of my car: I'm spoiled. I've worked MDRF and they have a dressing house/costume house with assigned cubbies and hooks, and you show  up in your 'danes, and change there.
Queen Maggie
wench#617, Bard #013
aka Mistress Mannerly, Goodlief Bailey, Cousin Undine Mannerly, Mother Lowe