News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by Ryk Rakham, January 26, 2011, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryk Rakham

Okay, one more. The HBO mini-series "Game of Thrones" looks to be a possible winner. Starts this late winter....       http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Mairte

If this is based on the book, I definitely want to see it!

Ryk Rakham

It is based on the books, I understand went to great effort to cast the characters well....unlike the Tudors.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Ryk Rakham on January 26, 2011, 10:53:09 PM
Okay, one more. The HBO mini-series "Game of Thrones" looks to be a possible winner. Starts this late winter....       http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html
Hey, if it's on HBO it's a big plus for me (free with my cable package).  I'm getting tired of having to rent or buy DVD's because a series is only on Showtime.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lord Virgo

A Dance With Dragons is scheduled to be released July 12, 2011
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

Mairte

I sure HOPE so!! I have been wanting to see how it all turns out, at least through that book!

Mairte

I just ordered HBO, specifically because I DO NOT want to miss this series.
I was also looking at the t-shirts...I like the one that says "winter is coming"....though right about now those words arent the most comforting,lol. ::)

Mairte

I have been looking over the trailers and gone on a couple of sites to see casting. I think they have done very well with the casting, probably because the author is involved?
In particular I thought Jaime Lassiter was exactly as I would have pictured him and Sean Bean makes an excellent Eddard Stark. Just to name a couple.

The Lady Mercedes

Yes, I too look forward to this!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

storz

Hbo and GRRM website have new preview its the first 15 minutes of episode 1. Enjoy.

Mairte

I watched that preview!! The only complaint I had it I wanted to keep watching the full episode,lol. :D

Lord Virgo

I went to a premier this past Tues and saw the first episode in full.  It. Was. XTREEM!!!!!  You will be pleased.  Faires might want to throw in a Game of Thrones themed weekend.  I can't wait to watch it again.
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

Hoowil

I have been waiting for somebody to do something like this for years. Unfortunately, no cable for me. Guesse I'll have to wait for Netflix. Blasted darnations.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

The Lady Mercedes

The ending to episode 1 was just awful! That poor boy! :(
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Cofeeguru

Holy cow, this show was good! Hubby is a HUGE fan of the novels, so we got HBO just to watch.  He was entranced, and honestly, I need to go read the series now.

After the season ends.  Don't want to ruin the story on myself, and it's supposed to stay true to the first book.
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;"-T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock