News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey (part I)

Started by DonaCatalina, July 13, 2012, 03:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

The scenery and cinematography were great!  I'm thinking a lot of that was due to the angles used for the 3-D version of the movie.  Hobbiton is so peaceful looking (until the Sackville Baggins come nosing around).

I'm glad to see that Gandalf got to use some of his wizardry.  There was a lot more of Radagast than I expected as well.  Can't wait to see the wizards battle Necromancer in one of the next few movies.  I don't know the last movie I saw three wizards in.  I've seen one pitted against another in more than a few.

Four and a half stars sounds about right.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

DonaCatalina

I really enjoyed it. I've noticed a few snippets in some of the trailers that weren't in the movie we saw on Dec. 15. I suspect (as usual) that there is a director's cut in the future.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyAsh

I saw this movie with my husband back on Dec. 14th, and I loved it. I thought that the scenery was great, and I like the bits and pieces they added from the books (and the LOTR appendices). Martin Freeman fits the role as Bilbo, and Sir Ian McKellen, as always, fits Gandalf's role again wonderfully. I thought the pacing worked well with the movie.
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Craigmeister

I started watching BBC's "Robin Hood" on Net Flix a couple of months ago.  Then I ran across a picture of Thorin Oakenshield.  I recognized him as Guy of Gisborne.  That was a shocker b/c Guy is quite the jerk on "Robin Hood".  Richard Armitage can play a guy with a chip on his shoulder quite well.  He doesn't like to take any guff from dragons, orcs or Merry Men.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

jimiman

I watched The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey and I like this move.

Craigmeister

I finally saw "Battle Of The Five Armies" today.  I enjoyed all of the action.  The 2 1/2 hours seemed to go by rather quickly.  I really enjoyed the way that Galadriel, Mithrandir, Sauroman and Elrond battled Sauron.  That was surprising.

I watched "The Desolation Of Smaug" with my wife, niece and nephew in January.  When it ended with Smaug flying towards Lake Town, both my wife and niece said "THAT'S IT?!?" I started laughing.  I let my niece know that when the first Star Wars movies ended, we had to wait 3 years for the next one to come out.  She was shocked.  We're really spoiled these days with sequels.