News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by Ryk Rakham, January 26, 2011, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grov

I'm in that boat too.  First time I've ever had HBO on my own subscription.  Solely due to Game of Thrones.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Mairte

I saw that they are going to start filming the second season at the end of July. I am waiting, not so patiently lol, to see the casting for that season! :)

Grov

Yea.  After this season's success, they should be able to pick and choose.  Not saying they didn't do a great job on the first season.  Except maybe Lancel.  Too skinny and young for what I imagined.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Grov

Mairte

Yay!! First second season casting hire!!! Thanks Grov!! :):):)
I can only speculate what others will appear.
She looks like Margaery Tyrell to me.

Xantrawler

Have not been able to see Game of Thrones as we don't have cable, but from everything I have heard they did a wonderful job. Now, if the produces of other books to movies would get the hint and do things right I may give it a thought about going back and getting the satellite. Was highly disappointed with the Sword of Truth adaptation. that starts the list. Myself I will look for the DVD collection. Thanks everyone for such enlightening reviews.

The Lady Mercedes

Wow great to see she's gonna be in this! She was great as Anne Boleyn!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Tygrkat

Just finished watching the entire season and LOVED it! I've not yet read any of the books, though, but hope to add them to my library soon  :)

Is it just me, or does the opening animation sequence remind anyone else of Myst?
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Mairte

I dont know about Myst, but I LOVE the opening animation sequence!! Grov, I have been in the hospital for a few days so havent been able to check.
Any more info on second seasons casting?

Grov

No new news as of yesterday.  A few vague references to "big named" actors to fill the holes left by the loss of Momoa and Bean but no actual names. 
There are a few audition tapes up for Melisandre, Davos, and Stannis but I didn't watch them.  The comments on them were very unfavorable.

LadyAsh

My boyfriend got me into watching this series. I have to say, it is now one of my favorites to watch! I can't wait 'til season two comes around. The characters are entertaining and the plot is interesting. My favorite character is Daenarys. I really love how they developed her character throughout the season. I have to get into reading the books as well.
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Mairte

I havent been keeping up on the second seasons casting....but if they do as good a job as they have in the first season, it will be just as amazing! :)

Grov

They took away our internet connection at work so my research might be a bit spotty these days.  Also been out of town for the last 5 days.  Any new news?

storz

only new news is Gwendoline Christie has been cast as Brienne. 178 pages into ADWD couple of nice little surprises. ;D

Grov

With movie magic they can ugly her up I guess.  in armor, her size won't be as problematic.  She certainly appears to be of a decent height.

Gonna have to swing by the book store and try to find a copy of Dances for myself.