News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by Ryk Rakham, January 26, 2011, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mairte

I absolutely loved the first episode!  ;D

Grov

It's been about a year since I reread the series again and the first episode looked spot on.  I'd like them to impart a bit of time passage though.  That month of travel for the royal caravan seemed to be only take a day.  That's been a peeve of mine in many recent productions.  Sense of time passage.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

MacKee

I watched part of one episode last night. The poor boy at the end you are right.  Very entertaining though. With all these new 'period' shows on cable now, this one I really liked.
The Order of Culloden Moor

Hospitaller

Of all the period pieces currently showing (Game of T's/Camelot/Borgias) I am liking the acting, storyline, and general "feel" of this one best. Perhaps it's the freshness of the story vs. the overdone Camelot, or the believable character plots vs. the historically backed Borgias. Can't say why. Still...enjoying each of them and giving a big HUZZAH! for the networks creating these loverly series. ;D

Rowan MacD

On April 19, 2011, after airing only one episode, HBO announced that it had renewed Game of Thrones for a second season.-Wikipedia
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Grov

I'm hoping they can stretch it for 3+ seasons to cover the entire series in decent depth.  There's so many story lines that intertwine.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Mairte

The second episode on Sunday night was impressive. I am addicted just after two episodes.  ::)  ;D

Mairte

I was watching the clips for tomorrow nights episode. Looks great!  :)

Mairte

Just curious but who is everyones favorite character so far? Is it a different one from when you read the books?
I think they did the casting particularily well.

Cofeeguru

Arya Stark and Tyrian Lannister (I think I have both names right) are my favoites so far, though Daenerys is climbing up there, too.
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;"-T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Mairte

Yeah Arya Stark definitely. And I didnt think that I would like the actor that plays Jaime Lannister? But I think he is GREAT in the role!

Grov

Definitely Tyrion and Daenerys.  Tyrion is great start to finish.  He sees the Game for what it is and doesn't take things too seriously, unless it needs to be taken serious. Daenerys is developing nicely, in character and womenhood.  She's certainly asserting herself as a wife now.

Mairte

Right, Tyrion was cast well. It doesnt seem as if anything gets past him!

Mairte

Just watched the third episode and liked it as much as the previous two. :)

Grov

OH don't say anything.  I DVRed it and will watch it when I wake up later.  Damn night shift...