News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by Ryk Rakham, January 26, 2011, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mairte

Here is a link to a version of the song "Rains Of Castamere".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0xu7P-zzsk

I quite like it, I wish there were more of these to be found!

Grov

I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Grov

Aaaand I'm done.  Wow.  We're certainly on the cliff with a bunch of our main characters (old, new, and potential).  Jon Snow...Tyrion...Dany...Two new Targaryens...Cersei and her new Kingsguard....Stannis....Theon....Barristan...Davos seeking Rickon...Maybe Obara (heading to King's Landing to join the council from Dorne)...   I'm sure I missed a few. 
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Mairte

Did you enjoy it? I really liked the book and looking forward to the next one already...
I was looking and there was someone else cast today, cant remember who, having a brain blip,lol.

Grov

The latest castings I have seen are here. http://winter-is-coming.net/  Changing the name of Asha is weird but I can understand why.  After waiting so long for this book, I'm a bit patient for the next one.  Probably read it and A Feast for Crows a time or two again to keep the timeline straight.

Grov

Just found a Kit Harrington clip (Mtv) where he says he wishes he had more scenes with Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) and that he hasn't had any scenes with Dany....yet. Followed by the obligatory "who knows what might happen".  I'm thinking Mr Martin might be letting big things slip into pep talks and such.

redkimba

just spotted on TDW geeks:

Writer Daniel Abraham and artist Tommy Patterson are adapting George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones — the novel, not the HBO show — into an ongoing series for Dynamite Comics.

Abraham says the comics will remain faithful to the novel. With 24 issues of 29 pages each, that means this adaptation will match the original nearly page for page.

The Game of Thrones comics will hit shelves starting in September,

The Lady Mercedes

Forgot to mention I put the novels on my Kindle either Sun. or Mon... ;D
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Mairte

I also noticed there was more recent cast updating! Jeyne Westerling and Craster....

mehan

Question for you fine folks.  How closely does the show align with the books?

Grov

Naturally there will be far more material in the books but the show is not straying from the story.

mehan

Thankx.  As I am reading the first book, I kept wondering how HBO could afford to produce something so richly and widely set.  What's your opinion of their depiction of the various castles and scenery?

Grov

It's my understanding that considerable effort is made to create the appropriate backdrop for each scene.  It's been a number of years since I've read the first few books, so any specifics might be lost on my memory's failings.  If you question how they can afford lavish productions, you have but to look at your bill and consider how many subscribers there are.

Mairte

There are some pictures available now for the second season. Nobody in costume yet but some real interesting pictures of "The Seven" statues...

The Lady Mercedes

Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!