News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by Ryk Rakham, January 26, 2011, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mairte

Are there any songs from the books you would like to see someone give a try at on You Tube? As stated above, "The Rains Of Castamere"....There is also a version of "The Bear And The Lady Fair" but I am unsure how I feel about that rendition....
Two I would like to see are: "The Last Of The Giants" and "The Dornishman's Wife".  :)

Grov

Not really but that's just me.  If someone made it and it sounded good, I'd listen but you'll have to tell me when it happens because I shan't be seeking them out.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Mairte

Ok then, I will be sure to inform you, like it or not. :D
I like to listen to music when reading the books sometimes, depends on my mood of course.

Mairte

Just curious, but of those of you who have read the books, what do you invisage "Last Hearth" and "Karhold" to look like in comparison to Winterfell?

Grov

I don't recall their descriptions.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Mairte

See, that's it, I dont think they WERE ever described, so I was wondering what people's imaginations led them to believe?

Mairte

ravic

Just finished Dance with Dragons. OK, George, ready for the next one.

The Lady Mercedes

A big hip, hip, HUZZAH for Peter Dinkledge: best supporting actor in a drama at tonight's Emmy's!  ;D
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Grov

He earned it.  Congrats Tyrion!

LadyAsh

I agree; Peter did an amazing job playing Tyrion. He deserved that award. Well done!
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

serenamoonsilver

Indeed!  The show also won for its opening title sequence.

The Lady Mercedes

Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Mairte

I think Peter as Tyrion ended up being one of, if not THE best actor in the first season. :)

LadyAsh

Quote from: serenamoonsilver on September 20, 2011, 08:54:22 AM
Indeed!  The show also won for its opening title sequence.

I always liked listening to the title sequence. The music is awesome!
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber