News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by Ryk Rakham, January 26, 2011, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mairte

Okay, I wont reveal anything.  :D  Though I fully intend on watching it again tonight.
Now they say the fifth book will be out in July. Gods, I HOPE so!!!!!!

storz

Favorite characters Arya and Tyrion, but Petyr Baelish(Littlefinger) looks the most like i pictured in the books. Would it have been that hard to give Tyrion the mismatched eyes and a hump to be a proper "grotesque little dwarf." Maybe i am just picky. The changes in dialogue are driving me crazy, but overall i am quite happy with the results.

Only 70 days till the Dance begins

Grov

Quote from: storz on May 02, 2011, 06:21:32 PM
Favorite characters Arya and Tyrion, but Petyr Baelish(Littlefinger) looks the most like i pictured in the books. Would it have been that hard to give Tyrion the mismatched eyes and a hump to be a proper "grotesque little dwarf." Maybe i am just picky. The changes in dialogue are driving me crazy, but overall i am quite happy with the results.

Only 70 days till the Dance begins

I doubt they will cut his nose off either. 
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Mairte

Personally I find the guy who plays Tyrion as a very good cast. JMO.
I was thinking about this last night. Say you HAD to pick a house of Westeros? My first choice would be Stark (of course, being located in MN makes me a little prejudice  ;) ) and my second would be Martell.

Grov

It's hard for me to settle on one House.  Lannister for the power and prestige.  And for the most, they protect each other.  Stark for the seclusion but it's a rough life being a Stark.  How about a Targaryan living abroad and in secret?  I think their return will be righteous.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

amy

Does anyone have these 4 books on their Kindle?  I would love to work out a trade for a while!   I have the Outlander series on mine as well as World Without End that you might enjoy.    Thanks!

Mairte

Amy, I fully recommend the books AND the HBO series. I loved reading them as much as the Outlander books!!!
If you havent seen the new TV series yet....check out Jory, if I recall right, Ned Starks captain of the guard. And the guy who plays Jon Snow is a baby, so beyond my interest there, but WHAT a beautiful baby,lol. ;) ;D

Mairte

And yes, being a Stark wouldnt be the easiest choice, but being a northerner its where my sympathies fall. :) Martell because I also wouldnt mind being a Sand Snake.  :D

Grov

True.  Being Dornish or Martell to be with a Sand Snake, haha.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: amy on May 03, 2011, 12:30:24 PM
Does anyone have these 4 books on their Kindle?  I would love to work out a trade for a while!   I have the Outlander series on mine as well as World Without End that you might enjoy.    Thanks!

Currently working my way through World Without End on audio (on my short commute) - it is good and quite long!

And watching Game of Thrones, Bourgias, and Camelot - I like Thrones the most so far.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Mairte

FYI, HBO is showing all three episodes in a row tonight.

amy

I am loving the HBO series, but like most of you for Pillars of the Earth and others I have tried to read the books first.  So I am a little behind!   But don't worry, I'll catch up with you.   I am even sacrificing the last 2 books in Outlander to jump over and read G.o.T., then go back and catch up with Jamie and Claire.  (it is so nice to have someone here who knows what I am talking about!!  My husband neither reads nor rens)

Mairte

Amy, if I had to choose between Game Of Thrones or Outlander, I would have a very difficult time!  ;)
Any particular favorites on the HBO series yet?

amy

I am sad to admit... I don't care what language they speaks and I am not sure I am catching all the names correctly... but I like the blonde who is learning to control her yummy husband and put her brother in his place.

Mairte

Daenarys!! :) And that brother of hers is a first class jerk.  ::)