News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by Ryk Rakham, January 26, 2011, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grov

He won't be bothering her for long, Muahahaha!  It's good to be the Khalesee.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Mairte

LOL, thats right. And I am sure he doesnt have a CLUE what is coming to him!  ;D

Mairte

Not to give away too much of the third episode for those who HAVENT seen it, but one of my favorite parts was when Ned and Littlefinger were outside the brothel and Cat puts her head out the window. :D

Woodland Artisan

Quote from: Mairte on May 05, 2011, 09:14:45 AM
but one of my favorite parts was when Ned and Littlefinger were outside the brothel and Cat puts her head out the window.

Why?    It didn't seem like it was anything more than " hey, I'm in here ... don't kill the guy".     I'm assuming it has something to do with the book?

Mairte

No, not just her putting her head out the window, but what was happening before. I just dont want to say too much so people can enjoy it for themselves?
I just found the look on his face quite comical, but thats me. :)
I think different parts probably mean different things to as many people anyway. I sometimes get more of a smile out of a brief look or encounter than I do the longer dialogues.

Mairte

Just saw a clip for the fourth episode. Looks good. As usual!  :)

Bob of the Lake

*sigh* I don't get HBO so I guess I'll have to wait and buy the DVD like I had to do for "Pillars of the Earth."  :(
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Mairte

Bob, I think you will greatly enjoy the episodes when you get them! I havent been so drawn into a series for a LONG time.

Kruzar

I just got done reading the first book in the series, and it has been so cool watching it unfold on TV and knowing just a little of what is coming from the book.  So far they have done an awesome job of adaptation, and  I can't wait to see how they pull off some of stuff that is coming up!!!

Now to start the second book!
Gentleman Rogue

Grov

Quote from: Grov on April 30, 2011, 02:22:47 PM
Definitely Tyrion and Daenerys.  Tyrion is great start to finish.  He sees the Game for what it is and doesn't take things too seriously, unless it needs to be taken serious. Daenerys is developing nicely, in character and womenhood.  She's certainly asserting herself as a wife now.

To amend myself, Tyrion can see the game but not foresee everything.  And things are about to get real serious for him.  Nice to see the ever-practical Bronn show up too.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Mairte

Saw the fourth episode. Amazing!!  ;D

Mairte

Probably my favorite interaction in this fourth episode was between Jaime and Jory. Even though I know its setting the stage for something I WONT like. :(

Mairte

New episode tomorrow night. Cant wait!  :)

Grov

One of the highlights of my week.  Glad I am working days.

Mairte

I think my second favorite part of last weeks show was when Danaerys fought back when her brother was assaulting her, best quote "The next time you lift a hand to me will be the day you no longer have hands!!!"  ;D