News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by Ryk Rakham, January 26, 2011, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grov

Yea, that part was awesome.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Mairte

Favorite part on tonights episode, the knight of flowers knocking the mountain off his horse!  :)

Grov

I honestly didn't pick up on the gay vibe from the books but I don't think it'll impact the story much.  Sure makes Brienne's desire misplaced, haha. 

This episode really kicks things into gear.  Here comes the conflict.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Mairte

Maybe its just me, but I DID pick up on the gay thing. Yeah, I wonder if Brienne KNEW????? Like Grov, I cant see it being a big deal.
The part I disliked the most tonight was Jory dying. :-\

Grov

Just like I tell anyone who I am talking into reading the books, don't get super attached to any particular character because death comes to us all eventually and especially in the Game of Thrones.

storz

Best episode yet. i did not like the exchange between Cersei and Robert, i mean seriously trying to make her out to be good person, bah. if you want to make the argument that she was trying to decide if shes going to kill him i would listen to that. While the LF and Varys conversation was enjoyable i dont see the point. Lastly when Arya is in the skulls room we do not know who the two speakers are in the book, we can assume but we dont know even through book four.

Grov i didnt pick up on the gay thing on the first read either, but Margery still a virgin,Rainbow guard, Jaime telling Loras hell stick him in more places than Renly, and Red Viper calling Loras Renly's little rose.

Things really picking up now, second half should be wild.

Mairte

I agree, dont get attached to any of the characters,lol.

Grov

Quote from: storz on May 16, 2011, 09:28:06 AM
Best episode yet. i did not like the exchange between Cersei and Robert, i mean seriously trying to make her out to be good person, bah. if you want to make the argument that she was trying to decide if shes going to kill him i would listen to that. While the LF and Varys conversation was enjoyable i dont see the point. Lastly when Arya is in the skulls room we do not know who the two speakers are in the book, we can assume but we dont know even through book four.

Grov i didnt pick up on the gay thing on the first read either, but Margery still a virgin,Rainbow guard, Jaime telling Loras hell stick him in more places than Renly, and Red Viper calling Loras Renly's little rose.

Things really picking up now, second half should be wild.
Margery still being a virgin could be an outright lie to gain the throne.  Easy enough to justify that. 
Rainbow Guard?  That's putting modern reference into a fantasy world.  Could have just as well been due to the variety of flowers in that kingdom or prevalence of sun (meaning more rainbows being made). 
I don't recall that particular boast of Jaime's or the little rose reference.   
Of course, after the fact, it all fits but at the time, it didn't even dawn on me.  And now that it's laid out more plainly, I still don't see it's overwhelming impact to the story any more than Loras just being a faithful, dutiful friend would be.

Mairte

Have watched this episode a couple more times since but have to turn away at the fight and Jory's death. It just gets to me. :'(
But I have really enjoyed watching the discussions on another forum and each time I watch, I see something I didnt before.
As said, this series draws me in. And we are halfway through its season already!(10 episodes)

Grov

I think tonight's episode is titled "The Golden Crown".  I've been waitin for this one.

Mairte

Yep and I think if you have HBO GO you can see the 7th episode tonight as well?
A little over three hours away, tragic but the highlight of my week,lol. ::) :D

Grov

I'm resisting the urge to get an episode ahead. 

After hearing it, I think that the birth prophecy could still hold true, in essence.  Next book might answer that.

Opportunist Bronn is starting to carve out his spot.  And the wildling woman has arrived.  OH the story lines that are spawning...

And Viserys got his gold crown.  Not a drop of blood was spilled in the sacred place, as required.

Mairte

Viserys being "crowned" was one of my favorite parts of this weeks episode. :) Personally, I am waiting until next week to see the 7th, tempting as it may be!

storz

Great. I figured no Tower of Joy scene, but was bummed about no direwolves in Bran part where Osha is introduced. Guy who plays Viserys was great in final scene. Plots upon plots now taking shape.

Has anyone heard R+L=J theory if so where do you stand (Rhaegar+Lyanna=Jon Snow)

Cofeeguru

I was just discussing that theory with my husband, and I think it makes a lot of sense. I think it's why Ned has been so secretive, as Robert would have immediately killed the baby as a threat to him. I think it will be an interesting showdown between Jon and Danaerys when it all comes to a head.

And yes, I've been anticipating this ep for a while. Muahahahahaha!
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;"-T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock