News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

and while you're here for Rendezvous ...

Started by Blushing, January 29, 2011, 09:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

Thanks for the info! I want to take the kiddo to that some time this summer

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

YARP best to get tickets for the Pirate exhibit at the DMNS. Toki and I are going tomorrow.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Mistress Charlotte

It's my plan to go next week while the kiddo is on spring break!
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

NO Camera's ARE allowed as an FYI. Also as stated get tickets ahead of time
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

The Baroness and attended the premier and, I'm sorry to report, were somewhat disappointed.  It seemed to us that:
1.  The connection of the Wydah to the slave trade was grossly overemphasized.  (It's interest is generated by its history as a pirate ship, not a slaver.)
2.  The mock-up was poorly done, lending the impression that ships of the time, especially pirate vessels, were clean and spacious.

Having said that, however, the exhibit is still well worth the time and expense.  And, if you're not tuckered by the time you finish with the Wydah, you can visit some of the best dinosaur dioramas in the country.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

When this was announced it was coming to the DMNS there was an add that was out for Pirate reenactors. Sadly there was only 1 person there in period dress and she was in an 18th Century colonial dress speaking mainly to little girls.

While disapointed, I was glad we went. Seeing a bell over 300 years old sent shivers down the spin, not to mention the only remains and shoes and other stuff.

i'd say go if you can
"The Metal Maiden"

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Lady de Laney on March 28, 2011, 08:55:17 AM

While disappointed, I was glad we went. Seeing a bell over 300 years old sent shivers down the spin, not to mention the only remains and shoes and other stuff.
Although completely off topic...... While in the UK, visiting Portsmouth, I actually got to LAY HANDS on the actual canons that were raised from the Mary Rose!  AMAZing! http://www.maryrose.org/ One of the coolest things I have ever done.  HMS Victory was pretty cool too!   ;D
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke