News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 Story Line

Started by BubbleWright, February 04, 2011, 11:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

Una Celebrazione Magnifica!

1565 AD – 'Tis but seven years into the reign of Elizabeth Regina Gloriana, and already the Queen hath had her share of suitors. All manner of earls, dukes, princes, and kings have courted our fair Queen, and she hath found them all sadly lacking. But upon her annual visit to the Shire of Mt. Hope she shall receive a most surprising visitor: a charming nobleman from a distant land, who claims to bring her an offer she cannot refuse!

Francesco de Medici, Regent of Tuscany, hath arrived in England to win the hand of our Good Queen Bess. With him parades a host of scholars, artists, and entertainers who showcase the glories of the Italian Renaissance as the Medicis entice her to join 'La Famiglia'. Surely, Elizabeth will be tempted by the opportunity to ally England with the country responsible for Da Vinci and Michelangelo, but will Francesco's Tuscan charm be enough to win her heart?

Come join us for the 31st season of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. It's all of the good English revelry you know and love, with a dash of Italian Carnivale!
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

McGuinness

Quote from: IrishRose on February 06, 2011, 03:08:01 PM
Huzzah!  And who be our Queen this year? I wonder.....

It hasn't been announced yet, to my knowledge. The auditions for the fulltime cast aren't until next weekend (and the parttimers the weekend after) so they may have not decided yet. I'll try to pas it along when its made public.

McGuinness

The 2011 Queen Elizabeth has been cast and will be played by Vanessa Sterling. Vanessa joined the cast last year as Lady Elizabeth Throckmorton.