News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

fey complaints?

Started by groomporter, February 07, 2011, 10:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

appljx

*moderator on*

Beware guys and gals and fellow fae. . .

19. The Topics of Politics and Religion
Due to the sensitive nature of the subject matter, the increased potential for conversations to become inflamed, and in order to maintain a family friendly atmosphere we would like to ask all visitors to RenaissanceFestival.com to refrain from discussing the topics of modern politics and religions of any type.  We understand that this may be a controversial request, however, we feel that this is necessary in order to ensure the best possible experience for the majority of our visitors.  Please be advised that posts violating this guideline will be immediately deleted, and members who repeatedly post such subject matter will be subject to account suspension, or deletion at the Forum Administrators discretion.
Exception: The discussion of historical politics as it relates to the time periods, persons, and social structures associated with your typical Renaissance Faire will be permitted.  However, any discussion that violates other Forum Guidelines will be deleted.

*moderator off*

Tink

Totally my fault, sorry about that!  :)
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Merlin the Elder

No, Tink. I think the OP's question opened the can of worms, but it was a legitimate question. The only reason we haven't been shut down already is because everyone has maintained a respectful tone.

The drafters of the Terms of Service were wise to shun the discussion of religion and politics. In those discussions, there are never winners, fights are pretty much inevitable, and enemies are easily made. We've got plenty of other petty things to fight over!   ;)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rani Zemirah

True... like Glitter Bombs!!! 

I mean... I understand the occasional little explosion when a Faerie just can't hold onto her excitement, or when she's REALLY angry... but as a practical joke?!?  I mean, c'mon!!!  Do you KNOW how long it takes to get Faerie Dust out of a 9y/o's HAIR???

That is MY Fey Complaint!!!  :P  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

dfloyd888

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on February 08, 2011, 10:10:31 PM
True... like Glitter Bombs!!! 

I mean... I understand the occasional little explosion when a Faerie just can't hold onto her excitement, or when she's REALLY angry... but as a practical joke?!?  I mean, c'mon!!!  Do you KNOW how long it takes to get Faerie Dust out of a 9y/o's HAIR???

That is MY Fey Complaint!!!  :P  :D

Sounds like my old pickup truck which still shimmers even after a vacuum and shampoo treatment.  Of course, I expect my new pickup to end up in the same state after the faire run.  I consider it part a mark of honor, part occupational hazard.

Tink

YAY GLITTER!!!!!   :D   Why would you NOT want it in your hair?!

Rani Zemirah

Because from the hair it's a very short drop into the EYES!!!  I've taken more glitter out of her eyes (and mine) than eyelashes, dirt or anything else, and some of that stuff is SHARP!!! 

We like the stuff that you can spray on... and wash out easily.  :P
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

BubbleWright

Ya gotta watch using faerie dust... a few years ago at the Pennsylvania Faerie Festival a faerie tossed glitter on the protestors and they had her arrested for assault. Never heard what the disposition of the case was. :-[
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Tink

but it wasnt salt, it was glitter!

(please excuse the typo- some of the buttons on my keyboard arent working)

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Tink on February 09, 2011, 02:23:46 PM
but it wasnt salt, it was glitter!

(please excuse the typo- some of the buttons on my keyboard arent working)

LMAO!!!  I love you, Tink!!!  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

dfloyd888

Careful with glitter.  There are multiple types of glitter, some of which are actual shards of sharp metal that belong on a craft board and nowhere near hair and eyes.  Others are pieces of glass.  There is eye-safe glitter out there, but you have to make sure to explicitly get it.

Tink

glass?!!   :o  I thought it was just tiny bits of foil...  Guess I should be more careful

raevyncait

there are also those with asthma or other breathing issues for whom inhaling glitter can be dangerous, I have a couple of friends with that very issue.

It's also incredibly difficult to get out of velvet and other costume fabrics, and I have a friend who is a professional performer on the circuit and if he sees any glitter on me, I'm SOL if I want a hug, because he's not going to touch me for fear of getting glitter into his costume.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

saphire_glade

You have never seen any one soo upset as the barbarians wife after I glitter bomed him in his chainmail... I wouldn't have done it but I had 35 people each give me like a buck to glitter bomb him. And hey popular demand rules.

Stuff will never come out. :P

I also take precautions, I only order cosmetic grade glitter, which is safe for eye make up. And that stuff is soo small that I can't even feel it in my eyes. IT is however kind of expensive and hard to find in large quanitities I end up ordering mine online.

I did however find one young man who loved me, but was very allergic to my dust, so he settled for a lot of hugs instead.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Sitara

And I'm still pulling glitter out of my stuff.  It is embedded in the leather conditioner on his armor and will NEVER come out.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!