News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Elven Wedding

Started by VIII, June 11, 2008, 12:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIII

As a registered Minister with the Universal Life Church, I would like to put together a number of different type of weddings to offer.

What I am asking is: What would you put into an Elven Wedding Ceremony?
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Trillium

I can't give much help, but I envision it being more like a Wiccan handfasting.  Calith is our resident elvish expert but he doesn't post much anymore.   :-\
Got faerie dust?

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: VIII on June 11, 2008, 12:59:03 PM
As a registered Minister with the Universal Life Church, I would like to put together a number of different type of weddings to offer.

What I am asking is: What would you put into an Elven Wedding Ceremony?

Your Majesty, you never cease to amaze me.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Queen Bonnie

An Elven wedding is a lovely idea, VIII!
I too wish Calith would post more!
  I miss his wisdom!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Moon Dawg

Have been to "Two" elven (for lack of a better word) weddings. Both were performed by High Priestesses.
M)D
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

dfloyd888

I've wondered who to contact should one want to do an elven wedding.

Of course for me, this is a bit off in the future...

Queen_of_Navarre

One Elven wedding I attended was stunning in its elegance.  It began at sunset when the groom, dressed in gold and cream, rode in on a palomino horse. He wore an elven crown, high white boots, and the horses gear was either white or covered in white decorated with gold.

The bride was led in sidesaddle on a white horse. Her gown was cream trimmed in gold and her gold cape poured over the horses long white tail.  She too wore a golden elven crown. A young man dressed in dark gold led her horse. Her maidens waited for her under a arbor of green honey suckle and were all dressed in gold with circlets of white flowers in their hair.

There was a candle lighting ceremony as the woman official handed the bride and groom candles and lit them, they in turn lit the candles the attendance held, the attendance lit the candles the audience held creating a magical circle of golden light in the evening. And a harpist played Celtic music.  I don't remember the exact words spoken. I just remember the wonderful emotion of the night.
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

Queen Bonnie

OOOH! I want that! Need to find a willing elf- or wizard or??? Sounds lovely!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Ista Sharrasi

Oooh, that sounds beautiful! And to think, that might have been my wedding, if events had not conspired against me... *sigh* Ah well, you cannae put a chick back in its egg.
"We're not always doing business, but we're aalways open." ~ Boondock Saints

LadyShadow

That sounds splendid.  Too bad I didnt know about that more when I got married :(
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)