News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

BOOM!

Started by Marcos Charron, February 12, 2011, 10:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Charron

Just saying,

Lets get to it!

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Duchess Marguerite

And so I'm dying to know.....how was opening day?  We'll be embarking upon the journey to Arizona to partake of your lovely faire over President's Day weekend.  Can't wait, especially since we've had one of the coldest winters in Colorado that I can recall.  Last week we had a few days that hit -20' to -30' with windchills.  Did ya see the MINUS sign there?  It's insane!!  Anyhow, how's the new King and new gate show?  Anything in particular that we shouldn't miss?  We attended last year and had a wonderful time.  The hospitality of the Arizona playtrons was incredible!!  Six days and counting.....

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady Ana Francesca on February 13, 2011, 01:06:52 AM
And so I'm dying to know.....how was opening day?  We'll be embarking upon the journey to Arizona to partake of your lovely faire over President's Day weekend.  Can't wait, especially since we've had one of the coldest winters in Colorado that I can recall.  Last week we had a few days that hit -20' to -30' with windchills.  Did ya see the MINUS sign there?  It's insane!!  Anyhow, how's the new King and new gate show?  Anything in particular that we shouldn't miss?  We attended last year and had a wonderful time.  The hospitality of the Arizona playtrons was incredible!!  Six days and counting.....

We will miss you guys this year :( and miss getting out of the winter weather for a bit
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

crazyrennie

Opening day(at least from my opinion)was great! Good crowds great energy-a couple of minor mishaps but nothing we could not handle!

Crazy
what about all the others?

Cerarienh

Lady Ana, as a former resident of CO I can assure you that our chilliest day here will still be warmer than Colorado.   ;D  The weather reports say that there is a chance of rain with highs in the 60's for President's Day weekend.

The joust company that performs here does a very different show than the one in CO . . . and the 5:00 joust to the death is phenomenal.  There is a dance troupe that is called Ghazaal Beledi that is very fun to watch.  And Adam Crack is fun.  My kiddo and the other younglings that I have brought have all loved Barely Balanced, the birds of Prey and Clan Tynker.  I don't think that any of them perform in CO . . . your chance to see acts you haven't seen before.   ;D  And of course the very bestest is Amelia Quackston . . . she is a street performer . . . you cannot miss her . . . she wears a stuffed duck on her head. 

Marcos Charron

Hmmmm

Plus one on Ameilia, (she is cute as the dickins too!)

Marcos

Norfolk

Quote from: Marcos Charron on February 15, 2011, 09:52:01 AM
Hmmmm

Marcos

Hear, hear!!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Duchess Marguerite

Lord Gauwyn, we too will miss you, Lady Addilay and Squire Alec this year!

Cerarienh, many thanks to you for your inside advice on what not to miss.  Of your suggestions, we've only seen Clan Tynker (AZ last year) and Barely Balanced (CO last year), the rest will all be new for us. We skipped the AZ joust last year, thinking they're all alike, so we appreciate your input on how phenomenal the 5:00 joust is.  We'll be sure to see it!

Marcos Charron

Don't miss the annual French Breakfast before cannon in the VIP parking area this Sat am!

Marcos

Cerarienh

Quote from: Marcos Charron on February 15, 2011, 09:52:01 AM
Hmmmm

Marcos

*GRIN*  Absolutely!

Quote from: Lady Ana Francesca on February 15, 2011, 09:46:57 PM

Cerarienh, many thanks to you for your inside advice on what not to miss.  Of your suggestions, we've only seen Clan Tynker (AZ last year) and Barely Balanced (CO last year), the rest will all be new for us. We skipped the AZ joust last year, thinking they're all alike, so we appreciate your input on how phenomenal the 5:00 joust is.  We'll be sure to see it!

Ack!   Noooo . . . definitely not all joust troupes perform the same way.  I have found that each group definitely puts their own bit of flair and personality into their shows, as well as their experience and talent.  And you can also go and meet the jousters after each joust at the Royal Stables, which is conveniently located outside of the entrance to the joust arena.  And yes we have an arena . . . you just have to make sure that you get there early for the 5:00 joust as seats go fast.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I know we missed the joust last year -saw just a bit of the last show.  We saw it the year before and it is one of the best.  Get there early if you want a good spot.  Also, the young ladies that get the 4 parts cheering are quite fun!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Any chance of Scarby (April 23/24) or Minnesota or KC for you guys?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Marcos Charron

Now that you bring it up, a Minn invasion by the AZ crowd is really in order!

Anybody want to start hearding the cats on that issue?

Marcos

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Marcos Charron on February 16, 2011, 10:08:10 AM

Marcos

That would be great!  Minnesota is our home faire :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Marcos Charron

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on February 16, 2011, 10:21:49 AM
Quote from: Marcos Charron on February 16, 2011, 10:08:10 AM

Marcos

That would be great!  Minnesota is our home faire :)

Well, that being the case, do you want to take the reigns on your end?, and I will here, or find some other sucker, I mean well meaning person to get things started here.

Marcos