News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What News of Entertainment for 2011?

Started by Edward of Eltingville, February 16, 2011, 02:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward of Eltingville

BTW I'm a long time lurker here. I've just been itching for some news about this season. I had a blast last season and the two seasons before that when first started coming to NYRF. My only gripe about the 2010 season was that the joust was horrible. That used to be my favorite part of the day! I went 5 times with friends and they all said the same thing, "the joust sucked!" I was almost embarrassed because I hyped it up for them all year after the 2009 season. I hope they put on a quality show this year. I'm holding off on purchasing a Queen's pass until I go for opening day. I love the joust and I can't go to a faire with a crappy joust.
I hope the jousters, from the first two years I went, come back. They were awesome! Did they retire? Are they jousting anywhere else?

Jay Byrd

I don't know anything about entertainment, but just wanted to say, hi.  Hope to see you around faire.  Don't feel bad about people not responding, the North East board is not as vocal as most of the others.

Jay Byrd

laedyfaire

we are kind of quiet, aren't we? so here is a LOUD HUZZAH to make up for it !! LF

Jay Byrd

Woo-Hoo!!!!!

Bob of the Lake

I'll echo LF -- HUZZAH! Oh, and GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!  ;D
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

laedyfaire

Koshiba

I hear you on last year's jousts! We've been going...10 years now? And this past year's jousts were definitely not as good as previous years. Mostly it just looked like the horses didn't want to play. ;)

Is it Faire time yet? XD

Jon Den Haag

Quote from: Edward of Eltingville on February 16, 2011, 02:11:18 PM
I hope the jousters, from the first two years I went, come back. They were awesome! Did they retire? Are they jousting anywhere else?

You are referring to The Silver Knights Joust Team. I have no idea who will be performing at NYRF this year, but if you really enjoyed the show these guys put on, they awill be 

jousting at http://www.njrenfaire.com/Home.html for the first two weekends in June. They performed at this faire in September while NYRF was going on and they put

on an awesome joust as always. They truly deserved the crowds that attended NYRF last Summer.

Hope to see you there!

Edward of Eltingville

Quote from: Jon Den Haag on March 31, 2011, 07:16:35 PM

You are referring to The Silver Knights Joust Team. I have no idea who will be performing at NYRF this year, but if you really enjoyed the show these guys put on, they awill be 

jousting at http://www.njrenfaire.com/Home.html for the first two weekends in June. They performed at this faire in September while NYRF was going on and they put

on an awesome joust as always. They truly deserved the crowds that attended NYRF last Summer.

Hope to see you there!

Awesome news. Thank you.

Jon Den Haag

Jon Den Haag

Quote from: Jon Den Haag on March 31, 2011, 07:16:35 PM

Hope to see you there!

I just learned that they won't be there this year.  :(

Skraus

I know this is a dead topic given the time of the last post but I thought I'd go necromantic and resurrect it.

RoundTable Productions is performing the joust this year at NYRF 2011 as many of you know because of the website.  Two joust team members are NYRF favs, two are new and there's talk of a female jouster or Mistress of the List appearing.
Steve Kraus
Director, Journeyman Company and Spendpenny Players
New York Renaissance Faire

Rogue Hidesmith

Also, as Skraus pointed out in another thread: Pub Crawls!
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Skraus

Quote from: Rogue Hidesmith on July 29, 2011, 09:41:22 AM
Also, as Skraus pointed out in another thread: Pub Crawls!

Call me Steve.  Or Stefán if you speak a little Icelandic.
Steve Kraus
Director, Journeyman Company and Spendpenny Players
New York Renaissance Faire