News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 Tailgate

Started by Kate, February 20, 2011, 06:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

We're less than a week away now and need to start planning tailgate!

I plan to purchase a table within the next week so that the trunk of my car isn't covered in sausage gravy like last year (darn you messy eaters!).

As many of you know, each person/couple should bring something to share.  Make sure you bring something everyone can share (i.e. don't bring a single piece of fruit or half a bottle of libation to "share").  Hearty breakfast foods are encouraged so that the later liquor will be absorbed and no one takes a nap on the berm of shame.

List below what you will be contributing to the morning tailgate.

**Here's a hint - if you plan to tailgate both days, it is smart to make/buy everything at once so you don't have to prepare/shop after a long Saturday at faire!).

Tailgate List:
Kate: sausage gravy and biscuits
Jessi: sausage
Amber: mini muffins
Iain: OJ
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Jessi

I will have breakfast sausage, maybe something more. It depends on how many of the family come with me.
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Ambrosine

MUFFINS!!!
I'm making them as mini muffins this year so easier to eat  ;D And I have already stocked up on supplies so I will have them every day,every weekend  ;)
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Kate

Quote from: Jessi on February 21, 2011, 07:33:00 AM
I will have breakfast sausage, maybe something more. It depends on how many of the family come with me.

Jessi!  it will be great to see you guys again!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Peddlin

I'm planning to bring a bottle of Irish Cream for the coffee drinkers. Let us know if we need to pick up something else.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Lady DArbanville

The Irish Penny Brigade
Beer'n of the Clan O'Ceallaig
Special Projects

Lady Isabelle D'Arbanville,
Privateer, First Lady of the Harbinger
IFRP #1205. Tampa Bay

Wench, IWG #3510, Local 21
Tampa Bay

Larien Telemnar of Laughlorien

Jessi

It will be great to see you too, Kate. I can't wait to see everyone!

Looks like it will be me and the 2 oldest at tailgate. Keith and the munchkin will come out later.

Amber, what kind of muffins are you making? My oldest suggested the same because we have the stuff for blueberry.
Jessi

Ambrosine

either lemon poppy seed or a strawberry type.

iain robb

My wife and I plan to be there Saturday and bring fresh-squeezed Florida orange juice.

Kate

Awesome! Fresh squeezed is MUCH better for mimosas! :)
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Ambrosine

Scratched my muffin flavors... I'm making cranberry orange muffins  :D

Cpt. Black Shadow

I May bring a pot of coffee or two :) i will find something to bring... too bad i don't have any more home made mead my brother is moving back here to florida so he is gonna teach me to make it and i will have some of my own homemade mead for next year.
I am Captain Black Shadow. Captain of the Pirate Dreadship Katie Marie! MuwahahaHa

Kate

I think most of us have gotten to where we bring our own coffee in the morning since everyone drinks it so differently.  I know I'm a picky coffee drinker.
Kate
Pink'n Penny

iain robb

Well, my wife informs me that the orange trees, after a very rough winter for them, are almost tapped out. We'll try to bring home-squeezed, but at the very least, we will bring orange juice.

(Drat. Fresh, home-squeezed orange juice is one of the things I love about Florida winters.)

Jessi

My orange tree doesn't look to be producing much this year either, but I will have some fresh oj. Just not as much as I would have liked.
Jessi