News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What are you doing to get ready for Faire season?

Started by Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard, January 17, 2011, 03:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Happy 2011 everyone,I'm getting excited just thinking about faire. Thinking about the skirts and hats I will need for this season,what about you? ::)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

SirBlackFox

For one, I'm getting ahead of the game an working on the FriendsofMDRF.org updates. . . .  2011's season is our TENTH season at MDRF!!!!!  Big parties planned both before, at, and after the festival.

Oh and there's a big spread of full color images of recent seasons at MDRF in the latest Faire Magazine.  If you're a friend of mine, there's a good chance you or a friend of ours is in one of the many photos in the spreads!

Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Rowan MacD

For Christmas, my daughter gifted me with her jewelry making supplies; work case, tools, wire, boxes and bags of beads, jewels and crystals and all the clasps and stuff I need to keep me busy for years.  
 So far I have put together a 60" jeweled girdle in gold, pearls and blue neon beads to match my dress and a matching pearl and crystal necklace.
 I then cut a circle of gold net and beaded that with pearls and blue beads for a jeweled Caul to match.
 I'm going to make a set of bodice jewelry to next, but I need to locate and buy decent findings before I do that.
 I'm looking for a nice pair of comfortable canvas slippers and I will bead those too.
My bling box is filling fast.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Master James

I'm starting to work on stuff for VARF, which in turn will have me ready for MDRF.  I need to break down and buy me a saffron kilt now too.  LOL!!!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

LadySeasan

I really need to get on the ball and make a new gown, pirate bodice, pants and a couple of other items for myself and Wesley.  It seems so far away, but watch..i'll be up sewing the night before ren fair!
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Dallan

Trying to shed the pounds I picked up in November and December.
Fight'n

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

daniel paul

ive been on and off about shopping for a new set of bracers and a new shirt or 2.

Lady Kett

Made a rental car reservation for our FlaRF trip! Wheeee~

daniel paul

yeah ive been meaning to head down there for years...flarf that is...and barf aswell. ill make it there 1 year.