News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First time at this fair!

Started by Amara Deegan, February 21, 2011, 04:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amara Deegan

Aloha everyone!

This will be mine and my sister's first time to your fair this coming weekend (Feb. 26th and 27th). Our home fair is the Northern California Pleasure Fair and we have been to the Texas Fair a few times before. We're getting very excited! Is there anything that is suggested we 'have to' see or do? Of course we plan on trying to see as many shows as we can. A few of the acts we already know, but most we don't. We will be road-tripping from Tucson and staying in Mesa for the weekend.

Marcos Charron

AD

The entire faire is a good one, if i had to pick one show it would be the birds of prey.

Course the cast and playtrons are a must see, especially the French!

Viscomte du Arcadia
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

crazyrennie

Hail Amara Deegan,
I would second Marcos but there maybe some bias involved!
Crazy

Marcos Charron

Quote from: crazyrennie on February 22, 2011, 09:07:51 AM
Hail Amara Deegan,
I would second Marcos but there maybe some bias involved!
Crazy

What can I say?, I likes me my birdies!

Marcos

Amara Deegan

Thank you Marcos and crazyrennie!

My sister and I had a wonderful time! It was one awesome memory after another. Yes, even the part on Sunday when we had the 15 minute freak blizzard. I took lots of pics and video and am in the process of putting it up on YouTube. This weekend was actually a birthday present to myself (Monday the 28th being my actual b-day) and it was so much more than I ever expected. I treated my sister and I to the Pleasure Feast (our first experience at one), finally found the pirate hat for my outfit, laughed and hollered until our voices were gone at the Tortuga Twins, danced next to the King, and so many other wonderful things!

Honestly, we truly fell in love with this Faire over others ones we have been to before. The people (performers, vendors and visitors) here were so nice and friendly. I've walked into other Faires before and felt instantly snubbed or just sort of on guard for people's behaviors, but here it was so relaxed and friendly.   

crazyrennie

No worries at all-
To be honest it does actually make e happy to know that you had a great time!

Crazyrennie

Marcos Charron

Amara

Please come and see us at least once more before the end of faire!

Marcos

Amara Deegan

Quote from: Marcos Charron on February 28, 2011, 09:48:17 AM
Amara

Please come and see us at least once more before the end of faire!

Marcos

I would love to, if my sister wants to attend as well which I know she will. It's just a matter of time management and driving arrangements since I live down in Tucson.

EDIT:
And it's been decided my sister and I will attend once again on Sunday, March 13th!

Marcos Charron

Amara

PLEASE let us know where to meet up with you and your sister, we would love to make more faire friends!

Marcos

Amara Deegan

Where would you like to meet up? It honestly does not matter to us. Currently, our only real solid plans that day are to attend The Tortuga Twins rated R show at the end of the day. We plan to arrive for opening cannon and leave when the Faire closes.

crazyrennie

Please also come by the Bird show and say hey!
Crazy

Amara Deegan

Marcos Charron

Amara

Look for us before cannon in the VIP parking area, we French are hard to miss!

Marcos

Amara Deegan

Due to a very last minute change in plans, we will be attending the faire tomorrow (Saturday the 5th)!

Amara Deegan

Once again, my sister and I had a blast! We saw a few shows we missed the first time we went and we still haven't seen everything.

crazyrennie, it was nice to meet you!

Marcos, we got there right at opening cannon and were swept up in the crowds and then we got busy wandering the faire. Admittedly, we didn't look that hard for you once in the faire. Damn shiny things. 

crazyrennie

Truly Amara,
The pleasure was mine!

Crazy

Marcos Charron

(sadness and pouts!)

Sorry Amara, I did not attend on Sat.

Marcos

Amara Deegan

I really want to go on the closing weekend, but I have no one to go with now. My sister went home. Well, at least I have no one to go with that I know will stay there all day and I'm certainly not driving back and forth between there and Tucson until I've had my full day at the Fair!

Marcos Charron

A

I will be there this Sunday, and you are welcome to hang out with the Frenchmen!

Marcos

Amara Deegan

I'll be there!

I'll try to get there well before opening cannon as well to be able to find you this time.

Edit: Oh wait...did you mean this past Sunday the 27th or tomorrow the 3rd?

Marcos Charron

A

Sunday the 27th.

Enjoy the closing day of faire, I am at home with kin from out of town.

Marcos

Amara Deegan

I had a wonderful time on the last day of the Fair, even though I went alone. I forgot my sunblock and got burned bad on my shoulders and upper chest. I did remember my SPF 30 chapstick though! I took some videos that I'm working on getting up to YouTube. I am planning on getting a season pass next year and dragging more people along.