News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Spirit Of Magic 2011

Started by The Rabbi, February 21, 2011, 04:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rabbi

Greetings and Salutations

The Spirit of Magic 2011 will take place on May 14th and 15th gates will open  at 10:00 am with Grand Entry at 10:30 admission $8.00 with free admission o veterans and service members with proper ID. Both Primitive and RV camping is available. This is our second year and we are still growing through trial and tribulation working on improving as we grow. We are an Irished themed event and are trying to add a bit more impromptu entertainment through the addittion of taking on the task of being musical and relying on medieval fantasy that goes so well with The Emerald Isle. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have either here or send me a message. It is our goal to have fun and pay the bills but it is not about the benjamins it is about the Bozos if it aint fun why do it?
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Craigmeister

Where will the trebuchet competition take place?  Farther in from the highway?  Do we need to fill in a special form to compete in the competition?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

The Rabbi

The trebuchet will take place down in the meadowed area and yes you will need to sign a release the day of. If all goes well there will be three heats with the finals on Sunday.
Proud member of FOKTOP

DonaCatalina

Where is this Faire?
Other than in the south that is.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Auryn

a website, a physical address, even a phone number would help immensely.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Merlin the Elder

On the web: http://www.hyer-aim.com/

Spavinaw is east-northeast of Tulsa.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

The Rabbi

Many Thanks good Merlin and my apologies for not thinking of posting a web addy. Sorta figured I might have overposted it in previouse post and I hate the thought of being called spam. Spirit Of Magic is held at the Copperhead Rally Grounds in Spavinaw Ok. located about a 1/4 mile from the Intersection of 82/20  Merlin posted the web page so I will not be redundent on that part you can contact me at 918-530-0029 or spiritofmagic11@gmail.com or even here on the board just send me a personal message as I truly bite at doing a web page lol. Will be more then glad to answer any questions and greatly appreciate feedback. This is our second year and I am the Village Idiot in charge. We are very family orientated and have much room for improvement. unfortunately we operate on a very small budget and I am working on gaining sponsors but is an uphill battle. It is our goal that you come as a playtron or patron and when you leave you feel as if you are truly a part of the Spirit of Magic. "The most powerful magic in the world is the smile of a child and the elders who know they are still important and not forgotten"
Proud member of FOKTOP

Merlin the Elder

I'm trying to work out the logistics to at least make an appearance at Spirit of Magic, even if not for the entire weekend. We'll just be finishing up the spring semester at the university and it's still up in the air. I'm actually hoping to visit both SoM and OkRF on the same weekend, since they're fairly close. I would certainly like to meet you, good Rabbi!

The Rabbi

The pleasure would be mine kind sir I do hope things work out in this favor.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

My chavi and I will be there for the weekend, barring anything unforeseen, and we are greatly looking forward to participating!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

The Rabbi

I will be not only blessed but honored by the presence of The Rom but hopefully a Wizard as well.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

It should be... interesting... to have us both in the same place at the same time!  As long as it doesn't mess with the space/time continuum, or anything!  :o  :D  Perhaps he and I should avoid looking directly into each other's eyes...  ;)  heheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

Well, don't count your wizards before they're hatched...still working on this.  Depending on temperatures, may have to be dressed lighter. Problem is, I don't have a light-weight cloak as yet. I'm going to look at Scarby and see if I can come up with one.

DonaCatalina

We will definitely be at Scarby listening to David Arkenstone.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

The Rabbi

While I understand the need for lighter robes my only request is that the Gold Lame cheek chiller short shorts stay on the forum. Still hoping that things do work out.
Proud member of FOKTOP