News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camping, March 4 through 6

Started by Aiacha, February 24, 2011, 08:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiacha

Morning!  I've been a little out of the loop with Sherwood (there's been a lot going on...) but John and I will be heading up for the March 4th weekend and I was wondering who will be out and camping that weekend.  No problem with camping alone but it would be nice to have a few people to camp with.

rengypsy

we had over 500 folk camping last weekend.  the more the merrier.  the clan camps at night were fantastic.
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Aiacha on February 24, 2011, 08:14:53 AM
Morning!  I've been a little out of the loop with Sherwood (there's been a lot going on...) but John and I will be heading up for the March 4th weekend and I was wondering who will be out and camping that weekend.  No problem with camping alone but it would be nice to have a few people to camp with.

We will be there Aicha.  In fact if you don't find anyone else you are welcome to setup with us.  We should have plenty of room.  And possibly already have some tents setup you can use - Save you on your setup and tear down time - More time for socializing (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

JackGonzo, MD

I am coming and so is Captain Fish (if you've seen a man with a peg leg you've seen the Captain). I'll be in a silver Escape flying the flag but let me know if we want to arrange an area, I'm free all Friday so I can come up whenever.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Bonny Pearl

I'm really, really hoping we make it out on this weekend!  First it was just going to be 1 trip, now it is 2 and for some reason I see a 3rd trip in the works lol!  Just haven't told the hubby that yet....  Guess he will know now!  ;) :D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on February 27, 2011, 10:54:26 AM
I'm really, really hoping we make it out on this weekend!  First it was just going to be 1 trip, now it is 2 and for some reason I see a 3rd trip in the works lol!  Just haven't told the hubby that yet....  Guess he will know now!  ;) :D

I sure hope y'all are able to make it out again.  We may have to setup a shuttle to run folks back and forth from the mobile castles to the gypsy camps.  In fact that could be a lucrative opportunity for someone who could shortcut people through the faire from the main gate to the camping gate.. Hmmm (o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

Bonny Pearl

Well.... turns out we won't be making it this weekend.  Our son has his first baseball game of the season on Saturday.  But, no games the weekend before and after school spring break so we are looking at those weekends. :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Aiacha

Sorry to hear we won't see you out there Bonny.  KP, I think we will take you up on your kind offer.  Just let me know how to find you!

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Aiacha on February 28, 2011, 07:44:51 AM
Sorry to hear we won't see you out there Bonny.  KP, I think we will take you up on your kind offer.  Just let me know how to find you!

We will love having you Aiacha. 
Lover of Lady Kitara

Grov

I'll be making my first trip to Sherwood of the season this weekend.  Feel free to swing by and visit or throw down a tent at the Pheonix Risen area.  From what I hear, we'll have a bit of space.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Grov on March 02, 2011, 02:46:21 AM
I'll be making my first trip to Sherwood of the season this weekend.  Feel free to swing by and visit or throw down a tent at the Pheonix Risen area.  From what I hear, we'll have a bit of space.

Outstanding - if you get a chance come by and say hi - we're two doors from you to the left.  And we should have our new sign starting this weekend.  Very Exciting (o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

JackGonzo, MD

I've reached the difficult portion of the preparation for this weekend. What color shirt to wear on Saturday...

Aiacha

Thank you so much for hosting us KP!  We had a wonderful time shivering in our tent saturday night!  ;-)

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Aiacha on March 07, 2011, 08:38:15 AM
Thank you so much for hosting us KP!  We had a wonderful time shivering in our tent saturday night!  ;-)

It was definitely quite chilly Saturday night.  I'm so very glad y'all made it and spent the weekend with us.  I hope you'll both be able to come out at least once more before the end of the season.  I'd love for y'all to come hang out with us again.  Otherwise, hopefully we'll get to see ya at Scarby.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Grov

We walked by Clan Procrastination several times and didn't see much activity.  Ya'll hanging out deep off the road or inside an enclosure? 
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Grov on March 07, 2011, 05:36:08 PM
We walked by Clan Procrastination several times and didn't see much activity.  Ya'll hanging out deep off the road or inside an enclosure? 

Not too deep, but yeah we congregate around our fire circle which is partially hidden when the site is full of tents.  If the fire is going we are around.  Feel free to come in and say hi.  Extra points for those who board the ship correctly (o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: JackGonzo on February 25, 2011, 12:44:19 AM
I am coming and so is Captain Fish (if you've seen a man with a peg leg you've seen the Captain). I'll be in a silver Escape flying the flag but let me know if we want to arrange an area, I'm free all Friday so I can come up whenever.

Hey Jack - It was good to meet you Friday night.  Glad ya stopped by and chatted for awhile.  I never was able to find ya inside - hope ya had a great weekend and was able to stay warm.
Lover of Lady Kitara

JackGonzo, MD

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on March 08, 2011, 07:00:12 AM

Hey Jack - It was good to meet you Friday night.  Glad ya stopped by and chatted for awhile.  I never was able to find ya inside - hope ya had a great weekend and was able to stay warm.

Same to you. Yeah I'm usually around Jerusalem the majority of the time when I go only to make the rounds every now and then. I would have come back by on Saturday but when that temp dropped I more or less called it a night and listened to Tiger Blood radio

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: JackGonzo on March 09, 2011, 05:31:01 PM
Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on March 08, 2011, 07:00:12 AM

Same to you. Yeah I'm usually around Jerusalem the majority of the time when I go only to make the rounds every now and then. I would have come back by on Saturday but when that temp dropped I more or less called it a night and listened to Tiger Blood radio

Don't know how you were able to hear it over the crap that was being blared throughout camp that night.
Lover of Lady Kitara