News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Last Weekend and the Weather...

Started by Kruzar, February 24, 2011, 04:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kruzar

I want to start out that my family had a really good time at the faire last weekend, or at least the part of faire that we were able to attend.  :)  We actually went on Saturday, and had fun trying to dodge the dust storms, and then dodging the rain that fell about mid-day.. We did get in a good bit of faire, but would have liked to stay longer... but with a 3 year old in tow, we had to call it when the tempature dropped about 20 degrees...

All in all, we had a good time... but I would like to ask the locals for future advice....  This is our 6th year going to the faire, and normally our gear holds up just fine, but our gear so far is mostly suited to a more warm faire since we are in Southern California.  Can any of the locals provide any insight to what they wear or extra gear that they use to help with the cooler weather, rain, and dust?  I saw some cloaks, but is there anything else out there we could add to our ensemble?

Gentleman Rogue

Marcos Charron

K

Go to a sports store that has ski gear, and look into a set of silk longjohns. They are light weight, dont take up much room, and can be hidden under garb very well.

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!