News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Does how we approach ren fest affect us when we aren't going?

Started by DT_Masters, February 25, 2011, 08:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT_Masters

That is, if we are watching something that might apply to our character....do we start feeling it as our character?

I think it does.

My primary character, in general, is based on time travel. A scientist who goes more and more native as the years and the trips to the past goes on. Hard to say how it started, maybe because I started going to TRF in the early nineties when I was in a sci fi club, maybe because I have a heavy influence of post NBC but pre movie ST book reading, but it is there.

Things past that just build on it. CMDF, Sliders, Otherworld, Fantastic Journey, Westworld, and so forth.

I'm not going tomorrow, to Sherwood, because sickness during the week insists that I finish recovery and catch up with all the things during the week that I put aside to get well.

But I feel it. I feel it as I watch "Timelines" tonight, a random choice of a movie that is making me feel what it may be like to go back in the past even though for renfest, it is ideal. I feel it to be part of a science team when there is one in orbit and when I have been part of others in the past.

Subject wise, it may be ideal, but it is not the best choice of movies.......given the way my fantasies go.

But nevertheless, watching that movie now, with what could be tomorrow but won't be, I am feeling very connected to it now.

Sir Ironhead

Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41